Do Motoredbikes belong on bike paths?

Should Motoredbicyclists ride on Bile Paths

• Total voters
[QUOTE}I'll keep respecting everyone on the trails,thank you and only take the trails when there's no other safe way to get from.[/QUOTE]

keyword " respect "

of course I want to ride on the trails becuse here in Ft. Worth they are awesome and go all over town, It's too dangerous to ride around here , heck it's to dangerous to drive a car !!!! I guess my main issue is that m/b's are not allowed and nobody uses these trails anyway maybe 10% usage... so they are basicly a waste of money...
They should make m/b's buy a tax sticker to help pay for the trails and let them use it...
I would buy a $ 25.00 dollor a year sticker..

EXACTAMENTE! RMWdave... common sense and the numbers of other riders using a bike path dictates the speed at which i usually travel.
I CAN see whats in front of me... I wouldn't crank the throttle wide open if there were say... a bunch of children on there BMXers in the way.
Conversely... that line of spandex wearing, high buck bike riding snobs up ahead on the straight trying to draft there way to 27 mph looks pretty good to me.
Time it right... stay out of the throttle...Tuck in...AND CRANK IT!... blew past those weenies like they was parked and chained to a tree!
WOO HOOO! it sure feels good to do that... sometimes i even back out of it a bit, and the fastest guy in the "PELOTON" (god, ya gotta love these guys) invariably tries to over take....I'm bliping the throttle... dropping down to about 25- 30... while spandex boy is about to blow an artery...Now the extra 200 smackers i spent on the SBP shift kit is worth every penny...I crank it to the stop... trigger shift down onto my smallest cog... and give its a few hard stomps on the peddles and its bye bye spandex boy!

Disclaimer: The above is strictly intended as humor. Any attempt to take it seriously or misconstrue it as serious, as most content in the internet, is done so at the readers own risk.

My wife wants a motobike of her own now!

^ i like how you put the shift kit into perspective for me haha
i dont like to pass people unexpectedly on the bike path i usually bugle them out of my way haha

Here in maine it the only place you can ride your bike with a motor on it is the road and you half to keep it under 20mph or you half to register it as a moped and get a moped permit and that will only permit you to do 30mph and after that you need to follow motorcycle rules.As far as i know its not even legal to peddle my motorized bike down the bike/walking trail.I am pretty sure i must follow automobile rules.Thats why i have a non motorized bike and a motorized bike.But in my opinion you should be able to atleast peddle down the bike/walking trail.Just cuz you have motor on you bike shouldnt take away your right to use it as a regular bike and going places they can go.

I ride no faster than 15 mph on the trails. No way can I do that sharing with cars.
MotoredBikes are NOT mopeds. They are BICYCLES with HELPER ENGINES!!
When you run consistent 30 mph on your motoredbike,then you got yourself a moped,son.
I will NOT get killed sharing the road with soccer moms and drunks when I can stay out of their way. Cops haven't bothered me thus far anyway.
I won't ride my bike with engine when I'm actually in a park. That's a whole different story. But a bike path with a destination? You bet.

You got it backward, bud! Motorized bicycles are the only TRUE MoPeds. MoPeds are Motor / Peddle driven. What are typically sold as mopeds are imposters, because you cant peddle them!!

Yes MoPeds should be allowed on bike trails, in fact they are, but only under human power. Just cut your engine or get on the street. (unless there's nobody in sight) :giggle:

no you are wrong -- his name is Large Filipino

You got it backward, bud! Motorized bicycles are the only TRUE MoPeds. MoPeds are Motor / Peddle driven. What are typically sold as mopeds are imposters, because you cant peddle them!!

Yes MoPeds should be allowed on bike trails, in fact they are, but only under human power. Just cut your engine or get on the street. (unless there's nobody in sight) :giggle:

no you are wrong -- his name is Large Filipino -- not bud !!
and I think as usual Mr. Large as we call him at times is correct regarding the issue

all MoPeds have pedals -- horse power can be up to several HP

motorized bicycles -- Calif for instance -- 2 HP max allowed
thus Calif considers these bicycles with a small motor assist............. not MoPeds

MM

Last year when I was using my MAB to commute to and from work (20 miles each way), I would have to take a bike path for the first 2 miles of my trip home. I would not START my engine until I pedaled that first two miles. My bike is heavy with the bags and battery, and pedaling was usually around 13 mph so it took me a lot more time and effort, but I would NOT use the gas powered bike on the bike paths out here. First of all you'd be screaming to get arrested, and secondly I agree that the paths are for quiet bikes. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if someone had a slower moving (20 or less mph) electric bike on the paths. Our paths (although nobody seems to know or CARE about it) have a speed limit....something like 15 mph I think).

Warner

hey everyone i voted yes but i think theres a big difference between trails and paths here in mid michigan there buliding a path on the side of us23 4 lane black top busy road i dont think a mb would bother enybody but trails in parks our woods i would say no

Well, like it or not a clue might be a sign like they have on the bike paths near me that say NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES.

I'd feel better about it if they also had a sign that said CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG lol.

Back