Do "Outlaw Bikers" Help The Ebike Cause?

TAX, TAX, TAX

...well that's the way to force things to happen. If gasoline gets back up to $5 a gallon then the electric alternative looks good again. For the near term that's not going to happen as the oil reserves are adequate to last for another 5 - 10 years at least.

Bill Clinton (who governed from the center) made a very wise comment recently which was that you need to get small business going and the economy really humming along first before you start to pull it back with more taxes. Taxes are dead weight... if your business is really booming then the extra dead weight is no problem, but when unemployment is the central issue these days you can't tax on top of the old taxes because that's going to prevent people from getting hired.

------------------------------

What's interesting it that the "Outlaws" can sometimes have a bizarre alliance with an oppressive government as long as it kills business. Since the "Outlaws" aren't pro-business they don't care if taxes kill businesses. The mindset is that as long as the government creates chaos the "Outlaw" is getting what they want.

The fundamental premise of the "Outlaw" is that rules are bad. (so actually the "Outlaw" will support rules that are crazy as a way to jam the system from working at all)

The basic contract of society is that rules are good. (protective, but limited)

...what gets scary is when the government is taken over by "Outlaws".

That's when the general public gets screwed.

(and in our analogy the "Racer" is hurt along with the general public because the "Racer" ultimately needs lower levels of chaos)

Last edited:
you spend to much time in front of a keyboard, sounds like you could do with a walk in some fresh air..

everyones an outlaw

just depends whos making up the rules...

(...as I drink my morning coffee)

I'm no "Outlaw".

Rules are necessary... they are good.

Racing means rules... business means rules...

We need to support the good rules and reject the bad and the "Outlaw".

(at least that's my opinion)

---------------------------

Think of the wild west... at first it was like being in a gangster ridden getto where guns were being used all the time. Eventually the law got involved and civilization was able to conquer over the "Outlaws". Eventually the "Outlaws" could not walk the streets anymore and found other things to do.

We need to move the ebike world from the "Wild West" gangster mindset towards legitimate civlization... or it's going to remain a sort of silly thing to do.

Lance Armstrong

Think of Lance Armstrong as an example...

He has become a heroic figure in bicycle racing and he is a perfect example of the kind of person that rises to the top of a racing sport.

He is:

Very comfortable with business... works closely with them.

Handles the press well and seldom makes emotionally foolish remarks.

Demonstrates the competitive urge that defines racing.

Great role model for kids.

Definitely not an "Outlaw" personality.

Known for his profession as well as his "Good Works".

--------------------------------

Can anyone say anything negative about Lance?

Wouldn't it be great if ebiking had racing that allowed people like that to rise to the top and be a shining light to others?

Last edited:
In My Opinion, Driving A 4wheel Drive On City Roads Commuting, As One Example, Is Against The Law Of Common Good, Outlaw!!? Do You Understand? Not Everyone Veiws Right And Wrong From A Governments Rule Book Of Legislation!!!

Lance Armstrong

Think of Lance Armstrong as an example...

He has become a heroic figure in bicycle racing and he is a perfect example of the kind of person that rises to the top of a racing sport.

He is:

Very comfortable with business... works closely with them.

Handles the press well and seldom makes emotionally foolish remarks.

Demonstrates the competitive urge that defines racing.

Great role model for kids.

Definitely not an "Outlaw" personality.

Known for his profession as well as his "Good Works".

--------------------------------

Can anyone say anything negative about Lance?

Wouldn't it be great if ebiking had racing that allowed people like that to rise to the top and be a shining light to others?

BIGGEST PERFORMANCE DRUG CHEAT OF ALL TIME!!!

If you don't like the laws then you need to fight to change them.

If you just break the laws then you are an "Outlaw".

You can't just imagine the world to be to your choosing... that's being delusional.

Either you act to change things or you obey or you are an "Outlaw".

Take your pick...

Lance Armstrong has been heavily drug tested and never failed one.

The medical community seems to think that it was his cancer that somehow modified an already competitive cyclist to the level he attained. When he got cancer he lost a lot of weight and managed to never put it back on... so he had a cancer induced advantage one might say. However, he was winning races even before his cancer, so there was an underlying body design that was positive too.

Lance Armstrong is the greatest cyclist in Tour De France history and no one can say he isn't a graceful champion.

He's the role model to follow...

If you don't like the laws then you need to fight to change them.

If you just break the laws then you are an "Outlaw".

You can't just imagine the world to be to your choosing... that's being delusional.

Either you act to change things or you obey or you are an "Outlaw".

Take your pick...

IM UNDER NO DELUSIONS AT ALL, LANCE IS A EGO MANIAC, DIRTY DRUG CHEAT NOT THE FICTIOUS CHARACTER YOU TALK ABOUT.

READ MY POSTS AGAIN, YOU WERN'T READING THEM PROPERLY, TOO BUSY THINKING WHAT YOU WILL WRITE NEXT I THINK??

Safe, I can't believe what I'm hearing here!

"Look at Lance Armstrong", That's right look at Lance...

If you want a sport out of your bike, pedal it the way he does!

Motors were put on bikes to be practicle transportation since they were incepted. Of course you will have a few trying to do 100mph. Let them, eventually they'll wipe out and purge the Earth of waste!

As far as racing them goes, that's why you have brackets. 200wat here, 500wat there and this is where 1000wat go.

Any person out there on a two wheeled bike frame is your Brother. They are on your side, they should expect the same.

Trust me, Government involvment is not the answer here. Aruging amoung ourselves is not the answer. Start doing that and they'll ban them altogether! Like I said show a Mexican a fence and what comes next is purely natural!

Back