Electric conversion ideas

I dont wanna piss on your parade but the reviews on that motor kit don't look to promising
True, I just don't know what I can get thats similar, but better.

Having it come with the controller stuff makes it a lot easier to figure stuff out, I imagine.

True, I just don't know what I can get thats similar, but better.

Having it come with the controller stuff makes it a lot easier to figure stuff out, I imagine.
Right, Just figured I'd point it out...probably not as fast as you want but you could rip the electronics out of a razer scooter or 4 wheeler

Right, Just figured I'd point it out...probably not as fast as you want but you could rip the electronics out of a razer scooter or 4 wheeler
Yeah.. I want a couple kw really. Also those razor scooters usually come with lead acid batteries I believe.

I wonder what a realistic goal for range would be..

Here is a battery for you. Even for extreme cycling. Lol.

With the highest medium-duty cycle life in the industry at 520 cycles, this Group 31 battery is the ideal choice to power extreme cycling applications from sleeper-cab loads to lift gates and reefers.
Whoo hoo, Intermistake Batteries, they're great if you like getting left in a parking lot someplace. The shear size of that battery is prohibitive for bike use.

Endless sphere will be more help.

Some examples of what you'd like to do.

Thread 'Honda Express Build Thread' https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threads/honda-express-build-thread.59952/

And a good grintech lecture on how to get safe batteries.

More ah but less volts, hmm
Don't get too fixated on one over the other. More volts means lower amps at the motor for the same wattage output.
Example: Let's say you are using 750W to cruise at 20mph. For a 72V system, that is 10.46A but for a 48V system it is 15.63A.

For the 3000W motor listed, at 72 volts, it will be using 41.67 amps peak. vs a 48V system at 3000W using 62.5

This is why you often see manufacturers quote battery size in Watt Hours. It gives a better representation of power vs. capacity. A 72 Volt 40 Amp Hour battery has the same 2,880Wh capacity as a 48V 60AH battery.

Back