Emulating Low Gears

Nice! This is much better than the on off valve concept - immediate on the fly length adjustment! I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. The only thing about that is it's a very long length at it's shortest length, and only gets longer...

how about a single telescoping tube? if youre cleaver enough, you can think of a way to rig it to a brake lever or auxilery throtle so you can adjust it w/out taking your hands off the bar.... use a return spring to bring it back to stock length.

one hand for the varable length tube, one hand for the throttle.

your biggest hurdle is going to be an airtight seal... i would take a hack saw and create a groove in the inner tube right before the end, then find a suitable o ring.

still think its a waiste of time, but hope that helps.

I was thinking that - it'd be a similar design to the CNS carbs and the choke lever/cable, but it'd essentially be a reverse choke.

I know you're not much a fan of the idea vtec, but I do appreciate your advice!

The hardest thing I think is going to be keeping the original stock length, while at the same time being able to expand it to a potential 2x(realistic) - 3x(optimal goal) the length/volume.

how about a design with 1 small 1/2 in straight through that expands to 3/4 and flows into the port that y's off into two 3/4 pipes with vacuum actuated butterflies, kinda like a seccondary on a large carb, or the intake timing in vvit in toyotas. one could even do it with only one pipe for simplicities sake

simple

3/4 or 1
----------------===/===
carb--1/2==<======>==3/4--engine

3/4
----------------===/===
carb--1/2==<----------->==3/4--engine
----------------===/===
3/4

Last edited:
Back