Engine noise

graggy

Local time
3:05 PM
I’m getting some kind of a pinging sound coming from my engine and also a squeaking noise. I never took any covers off this engine since I got it. Even putting the chain on I just pulled the clutch lever in and spun the chain over the sprocket and pulled it out the bottom and hooked up the chain. Should I take these covers off and put some grease on the gears? I was assuming that they were already greased.

I’m getting some kind of a pinging sound coming from my engine and also a squeaking noise. I never took any covers off this engine since I got it. Even putting the chain on I just pulled the clutch lever in and spun the chain over the sprocket and pulled it out the bottom and hooked up the chain. Should I take these covers off and put some grease on the gears? I was assuming that they were already greased.
Somehow or another, I think that all that you have read and learned here has gone for nought, after reading things here you will note that not one of us assumes anything has been done right in China to begin with and that includes greasing things up as well...You don't think they actually love us over there do you???...lol.

"It is one thing to just strap a motor on a bicycle and expect it to work, It is quite another thing to carefully and methodically and mathematically build a motorised bicycle that actually DOES work"...DAMIEN

A little bit of prayer doesn't hurt either...lol.

Somehow or another, I think that all that you have read and learned here has gone for nought, after reading things here you will note that not one of us assumes anything has been done right in China to begin with and that includes greasing things up as well.
I’m going to pull the cases off. I have a tube of wheel bearing grease would that be good to use?

Is wheel bearing grease ok to use on bucking bar and ball and clutch gears?
It should be alright though I prefer white lithium grease...Just remember it is only one small little dab of grease that you use...One dab between the clutch gear and bevel gear and one dabe on each side of the bucking bar...Be aware the bucking bar has one end of it that is slightly concave, that is the end that needs to rest against that ball bearing inside the casement.

You might also want to read this link below as it is my regular maintance routine to be performed twice yearly to minimise "down" time in between regular upkeep...It was on my old Zeda 80 but applies to all of our two stroke motors.

It should be alright though I prefer white lithium grease...Just remember it is only one small little dab of grease that you use...One dab between the clutch gear and bevel gear and one dabe on each side of the bucking bar...Be aware the bucking bar has one end of it that is slightly concave, that is the end that needs to rest against that ball bearing inside the casement.
Can I take the cover off that has the bucking bar behind it without disconnecting the clutch cable?

I’d torque the head bolts too. Look for signs of oil where the head and cylinder meet and cylinder and case meet.

Back