engine seized but still works!

masterx1234

Local time
8:08 AM
yesterday whenever i went to wendys to get some food, as i started my bike back up to go back to work, i was revving the motor a little then all of a sudden i hear a loud "POP"!! i freaked out because i was sure my motor had just died, so i let it set for a moment, went over to see if i could get it going again and she started right back up with one pull!! i was so surprised, the motor still runs as strong as it ever has, so whats up? should i worry from here on?

if your engine still ran after the pop, then it didn't seize.
if it blew the headgasket, it might still run but probably not very well because of loss of compression.
My guess is that it just backfired out of the exhaust due to unburned gas & oil being in the pipe.
it all depends on where the pop came from, and that's probably hard to determine if you weren;t paying close attention to the motor when it happened.

Just last weak, happened to me a very similar situation. CLimb a hill, just a great speed, and suddenly "BAHPM"..some squirrel noises and stuf like that, and engine still runnig, ok fine..

Took it apart, and the veredict -> too much torque on the cylinder head, in one head stud, and it striped the head stud in the crank case. Fusked up..40€ to repair, **** happens

an engine running can't strip out a head stud. you must have over tightend the stud and stripped it. the engine running and vibrations could have worked the stripped stud loose.
Personally, i hand tightend the nuts on the head after break in, and I have not had to touch them since.

guess what! the motor didnt seize! it was the ignition coil all along!the ignition coil was hitting the magnetic wheel that turns to time the spark, the bolt that hold the ignition coil to the motor had come loose from all the years of vibration, the bad news is, is that the ignition coil is beyond repair, but luckily i have a spare from the old engine i used

Back