Excelsior V-Twin DO YOU WANT ONE?

I would love to have a bike like this one to go to school!
Would you?
Its a excelsior V-twin from 1914 and i bet you that you need to pedel it really fast to get it started with does 2 'fatty' pistons :cry:
Here is a video of a similar bike.Its the second one with the wild exhausts(its an Indian but looks the same)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRO5UtYxFjM

It would be nice if there was a kit like the chineses like this one!
have fun!
:D

Attachments

• 1914-excelsior.jpg
    1914-excelsior.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 2,204
Bring back the board track!

They would hear you coming for sure. There are a ton of nice board track replicas on this site. No one has stepped up to build a 49cc V twin engine yet though to complete the authenticity of the concept.

It might not be as hard to start as you suspect. Some of those engines had compression relief valves if I am not mistaken. This would allow the engine to run inefficiently but turn more easily, till the bike was fully fired up.

That twin would sell real well particularly with all that chrome, even without the chrome it would be a great engine. It's the prettiest engine I ever did see, it would probably have a substantial impact on this mb market. Maybe some factory in China could duplicate this, I think they would if they thought it would be a big seller. I'm pretty satisfied with the little 2 stroke banger I now use, but it would be really great if they were being manufactured.

afer i am done with the stage 3 maybe i will tackel this one.

Would it really be worth my time and effort ??

You all know i can do it.

Only other thing.

You would probably be looking at a price tag of $2000 / $3000.

Still want it ???

Let me know

Holy heck Rich,

Write yourself into motorised bicycling folklore by manufacturing a V-twin engine to work with a jackshaft setup.
You will be known around the world for decades to come and even your grandkids will be in awe of what you would have achieved with pioneering spirit, grit and determination to see the project through to completion and volume manufacture.

A V-twin bicycle engine - that's the holy grail of motor bicycling.

Fabian

i actually have some plans in mind in building a shared crankcase twin cylinder 2 stroke engine!
the basics of it are actually pretty simple
2 pistons from a husqvarna(35mm) or from a sthil (the husky one has only one ring while the sthil has 2)the with a stroke of 25mm which gives it 24.1cc per cylinder or 48.1 for both
single carb for easy tuning with reed valves with a shared crank pin like a harley
I still tinking which angle would be the best, i think 45 is the one because both pistons are at tdc at the same time so spark timming would be easy to set up, (not sure correct me if im wrong!)
best thing:
probably 8 horse would be easy because twins have 70% to 80% more power to cc ratio(read that somewhere)
If anyone has anymore info 2 stroke twins reply because i have been everywhere and it dosent seem to be alot of info out there :(
and Im getting a CNC lathe from my school because they dont have the software for it and they cant be bothed to get one they just giving it to me because they know im intrested in mechanical stuff (they even enterd my in a free colege and uni. for mecanical engenering)

Back