Tires filling tires with foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had front wheel blowouts from the awful roads in bullhead city.
Fun Fun??
Snakebite is where the rim punches two holes in the tube after falling into a deep crater in the road.

After some trial an error.
This tire will properly fit a wallmart NO MOR FLATS solid foam tube .
http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Bicycle...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1281792455&sr=8-1

Kmart used to sell a road racing tire that I still have and like a lot. It is the same as the kenda.
I swear by this combo of no mor flats and this tire.
I can not lean into any turn because of potholes every foot or so in the road. Pea gravel , Wind blown sand banks in the road, broken beer bottles etc.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The "airfree" are coming OFF my bike!
I went down this afternoon from the tires!
I was riding along a route that I run on a regular basis around town, before installing the "airfree" tires. Never had any worries other than a blowout.
Today I got up to 28mph, and it was kind of like riding on snow or ice. So I slowed down to 25mph to get where I was going. It was still a weird feeling, like the rear wheel was moving around. I looked down at it and it was still tracking the same. I pulled over and checked to see if it had moved. It hadn't moved, and was very tight. So off I went, slowly (25mph max., usually run 35mph +). Got to a turn at a shopping center where it changes from asphalt to concrete that I have been over an easy 40 times, and slowed down to 5mph or so. The slowest I've ever taken this turn off ramp, and the bike went out from under me like riding on ice. It was so fast going down, there wasn't time to do anything.
My right knee took the biggest hit, but didn't bleed allot until I got home and cleaned it up, hurts like **** now to move it. Right elbow, has some road rash. and the bike, a little scratch on the top of the tank, and a broken clutch lever (that made the scratch I think, but I went down on the right side, and broke the lever on the left side?). It happened so fast, all I know is, the tire slid left and I went down to the right.
I'll be putting the real rubber tires back on in the morning! If I can limp out to the garage.
"Airfree tires" get a F- in my book!
Shorty

Sorry to hear that Shorty hope you heal up and feel better real fast and thanks so much for the heads up!

Airfree tires S--K!

24 hours later, it still hurts! And, it's going to hurt for a long time!

Attachments

• knee.jpg
    knee.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 312
24 hours later, it still hurts! And, it's going to hurt for a long time!
MAN I hope you are taking that to a doc! Looks real nasty I hope you take care of your self Peace!!

wow fuc that. thats why i like 3 wheels or more under me. just dip that knee in the below the belt line bush. that will heal it up fast

I am interested in the airless tires. If you haven't torn them up, can I have them or deal cheaply for them? I want to review them for fishing bikes. (ride around with fishing gear and fish, not much biking).
I live in TX.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back