Finally picked up some much needed fabrication equipment.

GW's Motorized

Local time
6:41 PM
I picked up a small drill press, and drill vise today. Harbor freight is giving inside track members 40% off on clearance items. The drill press was on clearance. It cost 48 dollars for the new drill press. I also ordered a tubing notcher and I bought some hole saws. Now a I need to buy is the porta-bandsaw and the bandsaw stand that is for it.

Attachments

• 20230729_192139.jpg
    20230729_192139.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 63
The notcher is 20 bucks. I'm buying it used from someone who doesn't want much for it. It's also good to have anyway
I've done that before. Buy a tool at a yard sale that I think I could use. I should have bought beer instead, for you the tool is good because you're too young for beer.

I picked up a small drill press, and drill vise today. Harbor freight is giving inside track members 40% off on clearance items. The drill press was on clearance. It cost 48 dollars for the new drill press. I also ordered a tubing notcher and I bought some hole saws. Now a I need to buy is the porta-bandsaw and the bandsaw stand that is for it.
You’ll be happy with it.

I have one those HF drill press. It has a bit of slop in the chuck even after tightening but it’s plenty good enough for MB fabs.
I drilled quite a few crankshafts balancing them.

I've done that before. Buy a tool at a yard sale that I think I could use. I should have bought beer instead, for you the tool is good because you're too young for beer.
You did right buying the tool chain..
With beer it’s gone and nothing to show for it.

The slop isn't a concern of mine, especially since I use the cheap drill bits too. All I'm going to use it for is drilling flat plate, and also eventually balancing crank shafts

I hope you're educated on safety using power equipment. Safety glasses, gloves, electrical. If not ask your pops, no ? is stupid.

Back