Finding a way to make Hydraulic clutch conversion real + easy to replicate

FelekSta

Local time
6:52 PM
Need to know 2 things:

• distance from engage to disengage on clutch arm

• what determines travel length on release cylinder

Before I continue, are you aware that they already make a hydraulic clutch that is stock for these?
I had one. It leaked. It could maybe be fixed. Imma see if I can even give it away.

I replaced it with a cable clutch that works very reliably. No regrets.

Before I continue, are you aware that they already make a hydraulic clutch that is stock for these?
Yes but it isn't conversion, I want something that works great and anyone can do when they realize that stock one is pain in the ass especially when you're using safe clutch

I wonder if you could modify a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder from a car to work.with a motorcycle hydraulic clutch lever, and have it on the side cover and push on the clutch it would stick out alot and likely break if the bike was laid down

I had one. It leaked. It could maybe be fixed. Imma see if I can even give it away.

I replaced it with a cable clutch that works very reliably. No regrets.
The only thing I do not like about the hydraulic clutches is the current lack of information and accessibility. You have to buy the entire engine to get it (not something you can just buy and bolt it on) and let's say something needs to be replaced, there are no replacement parts. I bought an LD90 in 2022 and I made a mistake, there were no piston ring only listings, only $30 piston kits. I always like to keep rings on hand just in case. Now it was a valuable lesson, even though in 2023 CDH begun selling rings only, I vowed if I ever buy something that isn't a common item to always make sure there are replacement parts.
Yes but it isn't conversion, I want something that works great and anyone can do when they realize that stock one is pain in the ass especially when you're using safe clutch
I'm confused, your title says "conversion" but it isn't a conversion?

I looked into this months ago and I do recall people taking replacement parts from another hydraulic set. The only problem is you need the cover for it, and I don't know if you can just bore out the bottom, I believe they're even wider to accommodate it (don't quote me on it)

If anyone wants mine, you can have it. It worked but it leaks because the hex key holes in the tiny bolts that hold the master cylinder on, are stripped. Replace the screws/bolts, and it should be good to go.

Back