Finding Performance By Accident

I filed down an accel 8mm wire till it fit, yellow wire with red boot looks good, didn't do a whole lot maybe a little smoother running.

I just came back from NAPA. It seems they have this High Temperature 7mm Metallic Cable at 89 cents a foot. Then with the boot and terminal and tax the grand total for my purchase was $3.75!
This is a real bummer, because after finding out my plug wire's terminal is already corroded after a few weeks worth of motored biking, I was told that NAPA doesn't sell single plug wires any more. Should I not be asking for a plug wire, but 7mm metalic cable??

Well

you could call them and ask specific and if they don't carry the metallic coated 7mm after a quick explanation they can probably send you the right way.

I went to the local NAPA warehouse. They had it in a huge roll just behind the counter.
It may help to ask for 7mm wire core wire.That store may not carry it but they definitely have it.

So.. lemme get this right? The one from Napa is stranded wires... but there are others that are solid core?

The local small engine repair man said that I already had solid core (dunno how he knew that when he didn't know where my clutch was). It looks to be pretty thick, 6 or 7mm... but my terminal still looks messed up to me. If I can just find a good boot/terminal, I'll just change that first & see if the wire really is solid core or not. It prolly is, 'cause it seems pretty hard to bend.

Spark Plug Wire Upgrade?

I want to upgrade my plug wire at the same time I get my NGK Plug. What brand wire can everyone recommend?

Wire or copper core 7 millimeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back