finished sidecar

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by bird, Jan 2, 2007.

1. bird

bird Guest

i finally fixed the front and put wood on the sidecar. looks alot better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Heath

Heath Guest

cool! love the wood slats!

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

mr bird, sir...that is one great looking build 8)

yaknow i'm on dial-up, so there's a tease-factor to new pics, wutta show. a most excellent post :D

4. bird

bird Guest

thanks everyone. i cant wait till it warms up so i can go camping with it.

5. daveinblythe

daveinblythe Guest

ok you just lit a fire in my mind ....my 5 year old love to ride with mom and dad but I dont pull the kid trailer with the motored bikes .....I'm going out to the shop and start building a side car on the blue bike :D

6. competition has begun :)

7. etheric

etheric Guest

"most excellent" indeed!

8. Nice job looks like fun!

9. istbenz

istbenz Guest

i like it. it looks like alot of fun :grin: :grin:

10. luke

luke Guest

great machine

looks like a great fun machine.would love to know how well does she handles.

11. bird

bird Guest

its handles realy good i can drift around corners and stuff it took a while to get use to

12. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Ya know Bird.....the more I look at this sidecar bike, the more I like it.
    wheels are turning here :idea: . I wanna build one. I may need you to talk me thru it. Prolly won't be doing much drifting...lol...thinking more about a cargo bike.
    Dave

13. bird

bird Guest

thats mostly what i use it for. i can carry people around but as a result ive had problems with the coaster break but its not realy a big deal. the sidecar itself cost 12 dollors to build. i had most of the stuff laying around i just had to buy a new fork and another pair of cresent moon bars for it. another problem ive had is the fork is mounted on the side so it kinda tweeks when you do left turns. ive had it for a couple months and didnt ride it for about 3 or 4 and was thinking about selling it but now i ride it every day or try to.

14. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

bird, i really like where this is going, please post some tips in technical support concerning frame angles, camber and toe-in?

if you'd do that, then anyone could build a budget sidecar 8) 8)

(including me...yes, you too, srdavo :) )

15. bird

bird Guest

i copyed alot of my sidecar from one my friend made for spookytooth one day when he got bored. i made mine alot thinner and changed up alot of small things except how its mounted to the bike which i copyed because i knew it was strong and worked. i also made the back bar connecting the side car to the bike stick out instead of welding another bar under it. there bike was i think like maybe half a foot wider and shorter. the wheel on the other one is further up to i put mine back a little further because they said it handled weird with it more central. here is a pic of theres at a rally.
    [​IMG]

16. Heath

Heath Guest

you've got me wanting to build a sidecar rig with an engine now....thanks....thanks a lot! hahahahahaa!

17. try1897

try1897 Guest

Bird , I love it man . When you build something it seems to come from your hands and your head and your heart. Not bought and bolted together like some folks I know. I ab/ love it and want one . Can you build me one? How much? Tom in WV

18. bird

bird Guest

idk i could build you one for maybe like 100 dollors if you have the bike allready.

19. tomcatfranks

tomcatfranks Guest

I've just finished a sidecar frame for my 1912 Harley-Davidson replica. I used a pair of unicrown forks for the outrigger wheel, as well. It's kool to see somebody else had that idea, too!! Has anyone thought of making a bicycle/sidecar where the bike could be controlled by the sidecar? You would sit in the sidecar, and pedal, steer, and brake via linkage to the bicycle. I got plans already a-brewin'!! Great job on your sidecar, it's kool to see that they haven't gone out of style!!!