Float Question

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by pucksterpete, Aug 27, 2010.

1. pucksterpete

pucksterpete Member

Should the actual inside of the float have a liquid inside it? Say about 1/4 or 1/2 full?

Thanks

Pete

2. goodtime65

goodtime65 Member

NO their should not be any liquid inside the float. You must have a small hole in it somewhere

3. pucksterpete

pucksterpete Member

Bummer, I do have fluid inside the float. I didn't see any bubbles when the float was submerged in the gas. I guess I will have to replace it. Know of any place online I can order one for the NT speed carb? Thanks for the help

Pete

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Without a doubt....bummer

5. pucksterpete

pucksterpete Member

Who sells just the float online for this carb? I'm not going to find this in France for sure.

Pete

6. Al.Fisherman

Sent 2 PM's

7. bilboby

bilboby Member

8. pucksterpete

pucksterpete Member

Well, I finally received my float for my carb (NT Speed carb), but now I can't get her to start (almost) but then she bogs out. I am getting a spark and fuel is flowing. I did add a rubber o-ring to my gas cap right at the time my float sprung a leak. So after reading some post on here about vapor lock, I was thinking well maybe that is the cause. Not to sure at this point in time. I am thinking that the engine itself is flooded. So whats the best way to get any fuel out of the engine from being flooded? She ran great before the float sprung a leak and now she won't fire up. any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Pete

9. Al.Fisherman

10. SteveoSpeedstar

SteveoSpeedstar New Member

this has just happened to me :( ...on a near new motor!
    ran the bike 3 times for about 20 mins 3 days in a row, then today while riding bike was going fine all of a sudden started to splutter and died. noticed fuel then started running from the carb/airfilter! turned off thel fuel tap and went home pulled it apart.
    full of fuel, i must of got sold a reject float :(