GEBE Gearing Questions

Silvaire,

the drive ring is injection / flow molded. the tooth design and layout is such that supports the physical needs of the pieces being able to seperate from the molds.

good luck on the calculation and implimentation of your design, it's going to be cool having multiple custom belt drive arrangements.

steve

I seem to remember, and correct me if I am wrong, someone explaining the teeth on the wheel sheave distributed at 90 degrees and the gaps as a defacto slipper clutch to ease engine engagement.

I seem to remember, and correct me if I am wrong, someone explaining the teeth on the wheel sheave distributed at 90 degrees and the gaps as a defacto slipper clutch to ease engine engagement.

you MIGHT find that the gaps would work in that fashion, but it is totally unintended and has been proven to be the early death of belts to allow ANY slip at all.

steve

Steve,

Thanks for your explanation - now EVERYTHING makes sense to me...

I just now did what I shoud have done to begin with.
I took a look at the sticky at the top of the page titled: "How does the GEBE system work". There were some excellent pictures there showing exactly what you described.

(Just an FYI: I have no plans to "borrow" anything from the GEBE system, but as they use the Subaru engine and have an efficient drive system, I wanted to know what the various overall ratios were that they had found to be practical for use with that engine.)

Last edited:
ratio can be workeed out by measuring distance around drive ring and distance around

i would imagine there would be no need to put teeth all the way rund drive ring it wont slip

the intension might be to hide gear ratio

measure distance around drive pully where teeth are

and engine pully thats ur ratio

Steve,

Thanks for your explanation - now EVERYTHING makes sense to me...

I just now did what I shoud have done to begin with.
I took a look at the sticky at the top of the page titled: "How does the GEBE system work". There were some excellent pictures there showing exactly what you described.

(Just an FYI: I have no plans to "borrow" anything from the GEBE system, but as they use the Subaru engine and have an efficient drive system, I wanted to know what the various overall ratios were that they had found to be practical for use with that engine.)

Back