Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by gharring, Jul 30, 2008.

1. gharring

gharring New Member

Where can I buy one? Their website is not taking any orders due to overextension. Any suggestions?

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi ring, they are the only dealers. they have been swamped for six weeks at least.
  3. gharring

gharring New Member

b b b bumer!!!
  4. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Trust me, even if they are swamped, they are worth the wait. I think to be honest the only other manufacturer I would go for is staton - and they are snowed under by all accounts too..

Jemma xx
  5. astring

astring Member

wait it out. They beat the friction drives by a mile. I feel lucky to have one.
  6. gharring

gharring New Member

So there's only 2 true players in this industry to rely on?!! I mean really, no other company is viable? Seems like a good opportunity if this is true. :shock:
    I have no problems waiting my turn if that's what it takes:-/
  7. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

There are other organisations which are good - Dax (with the 4-stroke Titan rack mount) for one. But I dont have the tools or the money to replace half the motor (aka the Happytimes) before I use it.
    My ideal machine would be a 67cc HT type motor with the shifter kit that Pablo & Ghost are making with a hub as the gearbox. However, until suppliers change out studs and such and run the engines in on the stand (which used be done with autocycle motors btw) I would not be buying an HT. That being said I would be prepared to pay a premium for a full sorted upspecced HT kit - of maybe up to $300-350 all in instead of the $180-odd they go for now with the swiss cheese gaskets and the breadstick studs... lol.
    My preference will always be for kits with well developed commercial motors since this is - at the moment - my only form of transport and I need it to run. If you arent relying on the machine then the foibles of the CH/HT motors are a little more acceptable

Jemma xx
  9. gharring

gharring New Member

Alright JemmaUK!
    Thank you so much for the information. I am definitely prepared to spend the $300-350 or even more if I have to. I would like to set this up so that I can rely on this new mode of transportation for everyday humdrum, and slowly ween myself from my other vehicles.
  10. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

very well put jemma ! those of us who have experienced several drive trains know its worth the wait! spend your money wisely motoredbikers!!