Pwk jetting question

Yeah I'm sitting here stressing the Amazon order now, keep checking the damn thing every 30 minutes see where my jets are at. I get off work in an hour and I was kind of hoping they would be there when I got there. But my pops always used to tell me "wish in one hand, and s*** in the other, see which one fills first"
I do the same thing when I order stuff lol
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...lol...lol...lol...I've also got a bridge that goes from Brooklyn to Manhattan I can sell ya too while we are at it...lol.

Okay everybody let's get back to mechanics. The verdict is in and here is what I have come up with. I'm running a 100 main and 32 pilot. The main is terrific all those problems I was having in the high end or gone but I'm still having problem in the low end still real smokey I got the air screw all the way open. It acts mushy for the first I don't know maybe quarter or eight throttle, but once you get it past that it takes right off. I probably am going to have to drop the clip a couple notches, at least one cuz I feel that it could still use a little more richness towards the top. But one way I found that I can get away with still being mushy on the low end is when I'm sitting idle if I rub it real hard a few times and burn up on that gas in there then you can take off and get it up into the higher range. I guess I'm going to need a smaller pilot which means I'm going to have to order something else again and wait even longer

Okay everybody let's get back to mechanics. The verdict is in and here is what I have come up with. I'm running a 100 main and 32 pilot. The main is terrific all those problems I was having in the high end or gone but I'm still having problem in the low end still real smokey I got the air screw all the way open. It acts mushy for the first I don't know maybe quarter or eight throttle, but once you get it past that it takes right off. I probably am going to have to drop the clip a couple notches, at least one cuz I feel that it could still use a little more richness towards the top. But one way I found that I can get away with still being mushy on the low end is when I'm sitting idle if I rub it real hard a few times and burn up on that gas in there then you can take off and get it up into the higher range. I guess I'm going to need a smaller pilot which means I'm going to have to order something else again and wait even longer
Yeah, I'd figure pilot as well.

Sounds like its "loading up".

Yeah, I've been talking with some people here at work over in the mechanic shop that repair all the forklifts and trucks and equipment around here, and they were commenting about being surprised on how small I was having to go down on jet sizes. Like I said I can't help it the things fuel efficient, it doesn't require as much fuel to run it, never has. What's the last carb I had on there, the little HT carb, it required very little idle at all, on the adjustment screw. Even when I would ride it to work 20 below zero it would only take a few seconds of choke and just purr at a steady low idle. It wasn't like that before I changed out my exhaust for one of those banana ones.. that thing helped a lot.

Back