DIO Reed Valve help and tuning

I forgot to add that adjusting the low speed set screw will also affect your high speed fuel flow because then your getting more gas overall and "precharging" your engine with extra fuel.

If done right you want to adjust the idle/low speed screw out or more gas until it starts to impact the idle just slightly. That way you're running rich at idle and have that extra gas available already when you hit the throttle suddenly

Update: So I tried messing around with the low speed screw a bit and the bike still won't idle! and as the bike slows down in speed the engine starts to stutter really bad and surges as well. It acts like the speed of the engine is dependent on the wheels moving and if they're not moving the engine won't run.

Surging sounds like maybe a small vacuum leak. And not being able to idle also could point towards an air leak somewhere. Seeing/hearing it running would give me a better idea of the issue
Sometimes just trying to tune these aftermarket carby's can be a total nightmare, like the HP carby's that have such a nasty time being tuned to the motor and exhaust system being used.

Surging sounds like maybe a small vacuum leak. And not being able to idle also could point towards an air leak somewhere. Seeing/hearing it running would give me a better idea of the issue
Yeah I do have a leak at the connection between the reed valve and the black adapter plate I think I said this before but maybe not

Sometimes just trying to tune these aftermarket carby's can be a total nightmare, like the HP carby's that have such a nasty time being tuned to the motor and exhaust system being used.
You can say that again. The tuning on these 2 strokes are way more difficult than something like a predator 212. I threw a 26mm flatslide (Same brand of carb too) onto it and had to change the jets to slightly smaller ones and it runs perfectly fine now.

Hey guys thanks for the great suggestions! Definitely gonna give some of these a try and get back asap. Also I’m thinking about switching my DIO Reed valve to one of those two valve pyramid looking ones. Looks like a lot of the really strong engines run run instead. Anyone have one and can recommend it? Thanks.
Oh also to add onto this, the reed I'm talking about is a G2 Reed. A guy on YouTube (Build-Break-Fix) seems to run them on a whole lot of projects ranging from insane to fairly mild and I think it would be much easier to fix or adjust something on it because the DIO I have now is a PAIN to take off and the adapter plate I have is also quite restrictive.

Oh also to add onto this, the reed I'm talking about is a G2 Reed. A guy on YouTube (Build-Break-Fix) seems to run them on a whole lot of projects ranging from insane to fairly mild and I think it would be much easier to fix or adjust something on it because the DIO I have now is a PAIN to take off and the adapter plate I have is also quite restrictive.
Don't mention that guy around Damien, you're gonna make him go off on a rant... lol

Back