GEBE/USPD Hybrid...an awesome accident!

it came to me in the middle of the nite, i swear...i popped up out of bed and went in to have a look...

i sed "self, we can do that."

we did do it...my golden eagle/currie hybrid, fully functional...

gas-throttle on the right, electric-controller on the left.

yes, as long as i'm in the proper speed-range, i can switch from anything to anything...on the fly!!! :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-287F.JPG
    MVC-287F.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 965
  • Mvc-289f.jpg
    Mvc-289f.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 611
  • MVC-288F.JPG
    MVC-288F.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 628
  • MVC-290F.JPG
    MVC-290F.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 587
  • Mvc-291f.jpg
    Mvc-291f.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 599
  • Mvc-292f.jpg
    Mvc-292f.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 575
:eek: WOW! that rocks Augi. Those middle of the night brainstorms are the best.

You could follow Large's Greek Mythology and call it Cerberus the 3 headed dog that kept dead in and the living out of ****, or his 2 headed brother Orthus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthus reminds me of "Ghost Riders in the sky".

that is pretty cool aug ! :D
have you used both at the same time ?
will the electric pull from a dead stop ?
too many questions... but the fun part is the experimenting (for me anyway :LOL:)
enjoy the 'beast with no name' :D:D:D

hehe, yeah, jimmy, since you're obviously so aware of the importance of making something like this work, even tho it is an early primitive attempt...yes, it is just to say i could do it..."it" being walkin' it instead of talkin' it.
:p :LOL::LOL:

...you would sooo love to check this bad baby out :)

yes....Yes, I would. :D
(wheels are turning here.....thanks);)

Interesting arrangement,how much does it weigh?.What are the stats on the electric portion?.Might be useful on hills,can it be used in a regenerative mode,such as using motor as generator to brake on hills to recharge battery?

I love it, that thing ROCKS. Now let me see, you are making noise out in the street, and you need to cut across the neigborhood using the sidewalks, off goes the engine and into stelth mode you cruse through the forrest and not bother the critters. Yep, that thing Rocks. Have fun, Dave

it was so cool to watch & hear the thing takeing off on electric to pedal speed then throttle on the gas, & yes stealth mode opens up lots of possibilitys! i guess our bikes are never really finished, just in a state of constant evolution, i love it!!!

this one's a keeper & needs a name :cool:

now, let's see what we can do with that 24V generator vinnie sent me... :cool:

Way down the line I've been planning on doin similar, only with a HT. I've got to move the currie to front sprocket 1st.

There's a 24V generator out there. PLEASE give more info.

As for as a name how bout "Anything Goes!"

Last edited:
specs:

weight? a ton...look at that front-end and wheel...i guess over 75 lbs.

speeds:
pedal alone up to 21 (yes! i can actually pedal-only with surprising ease)
electric alone up to 12 (yes, it will pull from zero to 10 in a flash)
gas alone (13tooth) up to 29 (yes, it behaves as well as ever despite the added load)

i'm a complete electrical novice and can't answer most of your questions...
it's a 24V/24A battery pack driving a 400W motor.

so, see the ranges where i could make use of one or all three...for fun i've climbed the hill at 10mph with everything doing it's thing. there's no efficiency in that, tho, it was just to get a feel for the respective strengths and how they work together.

and using any combination is very easy, all the controls, switches, starters...all operated from the seat and while underway...cruzin was sucessfully switching modes only a few minutes into his first ride :cool:

EDIT: "azvinnie" at the racing forum can give you some info about snagging a 24V generator.

Last edited:
Back