GEBE/USPD Hybrid...an awesome accident!

it came to me in the middle of the nite, i swear...i popped up out of bed and went in to have a look...

i sed "self, we can do that."

we did do it...my golden eagle/currie hybrid, fully functional...

gas-throttle on the right, electric-controller on the left.

yes, as long as i'm in the proper speed-range, i can switch from anything to anything...on the fly!!! :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-287F.JPG
    MVC-287F.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 966
  • Mvc-289f.jpg
    Mvc-289f.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 613
  • MVC-288F.JPG
    MVC-288F.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 628
  • MVC-290F.JPG
    MVC-290F.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 588
  • Mvc-291f.jpg
    Mvc-291f.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Mvc-292f.jpg
    Mvc-292f.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 576
...but this baby is cobbled together from stuff that just wandered my way over time...somehow, to me, that makes it pretty special in it's own right :cool:

:)

I know the feeling, bro!!

I have to disagree with one thing.... I see nothing cobbled.:D

look at srdavo's avatar and title...

hey...i wonder if anyone else has ever noticed this...

who remembers "second city television?"

who remembers "super-dave" osborne?

"no, i'm NOT alright, you putz...can't you see i'm pinned under a bus?"

:LOL:

I met the entire cast at a wrap party they held at their restaurant in Toronto
john candy sat at our table and enjoyed a beer with us :D
man...he was the coolest dude :(

oh yeah...I really like your bike and agree with Dave...I see no cobbling :LOL:

my buddy's kids always called me "super dave".

guess what.....
my currie/mongoose is the only frame I have that is wide enough...in the stays, to mount a gebe drive ring.
somebody's gonna steal your idea....thanks!!;)

thank you bill..... for agreeing to disagree, with me!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

hey augi.....have you figured out , what size that lil currie chain is?

I had mine apart...that lil masterlink will test yer patience.

Last edited:
hiya bill, thanks, bluto's one tough beast (so far)

i did some research on that, and i found out that the currie chain is: "teeny-tiny" :p

i hope i never have to find out just how large and clumsy my thumbs really are :???:

hey, speakin' of...you've had your currie for a while...do you think there's enuff freewheel to it to survive the constant high speeds? after about 50 miles now, the chain and idler are still as i started, but i'm watching closely.

Last edited:
i did some research on that, and i found out that the currie chain is: "teeny-tiny" :p

i hope i never have to find out just how large and clumsy my thumbs really are :???:

hey, speakin' of...you've had your currie for a while...do you think there's enuff freewheel to it to survive the constant high speeds? after about 50 miles now, the chain and idler are still as i started, but i'm watching closely.

Mine freewheels just fine. If you ever notice any drag, chances are, it's the clutched roller bearing. (inside the small sprocket) Mine was $10, shipped, to replace.
thats when you'll get to test those giant thumbs, on that "teeny-tiny" chain. :LOL:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5705&highlight=clutched

it came to me in the middle of the nite, i swear...i popped up out of bed and went in to have a look...

i sed "self, we can do that."

we did do it...my golden eagle/currie hybrid, fully functional...

gas-throttle on the right, electric-controller on the left.

yes, as long as i'm in the proper speed-range, i can switch from anything to anything...on the fly!!! :cool:

Very creative, Augie!

mary likes it...that means it must be cool... :D

thank's mary, it's fun (and easy) working with the gebe drive, as you well know :cool:

i'm thinking a new wheel and a clean re-assembly may be in order, this one's been thru a lot of drive-trains, sprockets, rings, and miles...but it is hanging in there pretty nicely. a new one would last forever with regular maintanence, i think.

Last edited:
Hey dude! I looked at this after your very first message and LOVE it- it's in keeping with what the ultimate ideal, the big picture if you will, is.
I haven't posted much due to my mind being with, and my physical self being at the hospital with, my best bro who got taken out by a cager. He'll live, and he'll walk again but four surgeries later and a **** of a lot of physical, and occupational, therapy ahead. He'll be out of work for at least 3-5 months and probly off his two wheels for a year. Anyway...
I looove this hybrid. It's exactly the thing this country needs and the thing is, it's not preachin' it but walkin' (or rather riding) it. Leading by example, and showing the world the solution!

Back