GEBE/USPD Hybrid...an awesome accident!

it came to me in the middle of the nite, i swear...i popped up out of bed and went in to have a look...

i sed "self, we can do that."

we did do it...my golden eagle/currie hybrid, fully functional...

gas-throttle on the right, electric-controller on the left.

yes, as long as i'm in the proper speed-range, i can switch from anything to anything...on the fly!!! :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-287F.JPG
    MVC-287F.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 966
  • Mvc-289f.jpg
    Mvc-289f.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 613
  • MVC-288F.JPG
    MVC-288F.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 628
  • MVC-290F.JPG
    MVC-290F.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 588
  • Mvc-291f.jpg
    Mvc-291f.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Mvc-292f.jpg
    Mvc-292f.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 576
i think, from the battery pic...to place the engine on top of that would place it way beyond the reach of the belt.

Suddenly it hit me! The answer is right on the Golden Eagle website! Rock the engine back! Attached the pic from Golden Eagle.

Is all that stuff in the electrical box necessary? (had to borrow Bad Bunny's pic, my camera phone's SD card is acting up) I can't find the equivalent of your bike. Is it just an on/off switch?

Revopower would have made a good hybrid.
That Revopower looks wicked cool! But its by no means a new idea.
http://www.autocycles.co.uk/Archive/autocycle_160.htm
But I digress.

Attachments

• jaybike1.jpg
    jaybike1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 214
  • E-zip Rack.jpg
    E-zip Rack.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 216
Suddenly it hit me! The answer is right on the Golden Eagle website! Rock the engine back! Attached the pic from Golden Eagle.

Is all that stuff in the electrical box necessary? (had to borrow Bad Bunny's pic, my camera phone's SD card is acting up) I can't find the equivalent of your bike. Is it just an on/off switch?

That Revopower looks wicked cool! But its by no means a new idea.
http://www.autocycles.co.uk/Archive/autocycle_160.htm
But I digress.

Hmm...Letting the engine hang back may be just the solution I've been looking for! The only problem I can see is that at an angle, the motor might interfere with the GeGe support bar on the left side of the bike. I'll have to take some measurements...maybe Augi, what with being an authorized representative and all, can tell me stuff like that.

I know the box you're referring to contains the motor controller and the three-way switch that lets you switch batteries or turn the bike off. Whether or not there's anything else there, I don't know, but since the box opens up easily, it shouldn't be any problem to find out.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
bunny said:
The only problem I can see is that at an angle, the motor might interfere with the GeBe support bar on the left side of the bike.

maybe you missed this...

augidog said:
here's how to "isolate" the golden eagle drive:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=12133
MVC-306F.JPG

food for thought...remember when i mentioned the amazingly balanced result? i think it's part of the "accident" of the frame-mounted batteries, i'm not so sure i'd like it as much if everything was above (or behind) the rear axle.

:cool:

Last edited:
(edit) upon closer inspection it is not the Wal Mart offering.
What is it like to ride?

No its not the same model but its the same manufacturer. Looks to me like like they had it right with augi's. Then engineers had to go mess things up. Like they often do.

i'm not so sure i'd like it as much if everything was above (or behind) the rear axle.

It would definitely be all about function and not much form. It pops little incidental wheelie now. With the extra weight and power I may have to get wheelie bars! LOL:p

ohboy, with the whizzer front-end i am sooo gonna (try to) re-learn my limited pedal assisted wheelie skills...it lifts really easy when i want, stays put when i want, lands nice & smooth..."cruzin's" already made a wheelie-bar joke :LOL:

this is what i have:
http://www.electrikmotion.com/conversionkit.htm
i really don't know about the new versions....sorry i missed yer question, large.

i couldn't believe noone jumped on alan's "pay shipping it's yours" offer, so i finally did...you guys should browse "introduce yourself" more often ;)

alan, i hope you've seen "Bluto" & i hope you like what you see...thank you!

Last edited:
ohboy, with the whizzer front-end i am sooo gonna (try to) re-learn my limited pedal assisted wheelie skills...it lifts really easy when i want, stays put when i want, lands nice & smooth..."cruzin's" already made a wheelie-bar joke :LOL:

this is what i have:
http://www.electrikmotion.com/conversionkit.htm
i really don't know about the new versions....sorry i missed yer question, large.

i couldn't believe noone jumped on alan's "pay shipping it's yours" offer, so i finally did...you guys should browse "introduce yourself" more often ;)

alan, i hope you've seen "Bluto" & i hope you like what you see...thank you!

Aug,

Great job, man. Yes, I do like what I see. Awesome bike. I'm glad to see the motor getting some use and attention.. You are a pioneer.

Now that generator will make it a perpetual motion machine.......almost. :)

Alan

How do you nominate for bike of the month? Or what is the process? I would like to nominate Bluto!
(I kinda think that's an odd choice for a name, Bluto always got his buttocks kicked)

Last edited:
wow, thank you.

i thought about that, too...and i just had to admit i'm about the underdog. besides, popeye was the only one who could kick his butt, and he had to take performance-enhancing veggies to do it...and for some strange reason, bluto got to whoop on popeye pretty good before popeye remembered he needed "veggies" to win. every time! like he kept forgetting, or liked being whooped on first...i never could figure that out

it was the look, the bike looks like bluto, i had no choice :)

ozzy', i sure do appreciate the compliment...you made my nite :cool:

Last edited:
Burned! Hehe.
Anyways. Nice rig augi. A tribrid must be really nice. Unfortunately it is probably going to lower your top speed due to the extra weight and drag but Having used the currie 24v system myself I know it must be awesome to mate with pedal and gas power. Rockon dude.
You can probably drop some weight by incorporating your lighting system into the currie batteries rather than toting along another just for lighting. You'd probably just need a voltage rectifier or you could buy 24v bulbs.
As far as regeneration of power I think you'd have to lock the currie freewheel somehow and get a new electric controller that has regen capabilities. I'm assuming your motor is brushed so it would work perfectly for regen, the only obstacle would be making a system to be able to lock and unlock the freewheel if you ever just wanted to pedal OR if you didn't need the drag to charge your batteries at a given moment.
A good (but expensive) way to overcome this would be to ditch the currie system entirely and get a bionx or crystalyte with regen and snap your drive ring on to that instead. Personally if I were going that route I'd get a massive crystalyte system and pump 72v through it so it could drive me on Epower at least to 35+

This idea needs much more experimentation. I'd go for it but I'm running out of room for bikes.

sirjake'

shoot, i fine-tuned the belt alignment yesterday, last nite i did 30mph with a 13tooth drivegear, i'm really happy that i got away with so much "finagling"..

and if i was able to buy what i feel would really work, i would be using the most applicable hub-motor i could find...but this baby is cobbled together from stuff that just wandered my way over time...somehow, to me, that makes it pretty special in it's own right :cool:

thanks for the great input :)

Last edited:
Back