Giant Suede build.

My first build was an unknown brand and size motor on a Walmart Thruster frame basket case. I learned a lot doing a total rebuild on it.

While building and running the first bike, I had been eying my Giant Suede forward pedal bike. My wife and I bought a pair several years ago. I ordered a 66/80 Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry.

What I got was a BBR 66/80cc ported racing engine. Damn. That's a nice upgrade.

Due to the downtube being stretched forward with the crank being forward, I had to use a CNC mount on the back of the motor. Final angle came out good.

The shock fork and seat makes this an easy riding bike. A set of Planet Bike fenders gives it a finished look.
20200903_100852_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200904_205017_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171257_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171321_copy_1280x720.jpg

My engines all come assembled & in a box, also the CDH engines I buy from my supplier all come with the 2 wire high voltage magnetos installed in them, I guess that's why I dont buy on ebay either.

That's why I like Amazon. I'll take the return motor to Kohls. Or let my wife take it her next trip there. With prime it's a 2 day delivery.

There are a few things that turn me off about this motor.

Basically this is a low grade motor with cheap parts. You're buying the cylinder and piston with a motor to put them on.

It came in 3 boxes, all with damage. The head had 2 bent fins and a crack in the aluminum casting. Machining of the combustion chamber was poor.

The magneto coil is cheap. One of the laminated plates came off.

I have a new motor coming tomorrow, but all I need is the head. I'll take what I need and send the rest back.
Was that a CDH motor? If it was, contact them about it before installing. They will happily exchange the kit, sometimes even let you keep it and send you another. I've received mailing damaged goods before, and all they wanted was a few pics of the damage. Then they sent me a whole new kit. All I was asking them for was a new cover and jug. They were like no way, you get a whole new kit. lol. Their customer service with me is top notch. Been doing business with them for years, and will keep doing so simply because they delivery to me on their promise.

My engines all come assembled & in a box, also the CDH engines I buy from my supplier all come with the 2 wire high voltage magnetos installed in them, I guess that's why I dont buy on ebay either.
Not trying to burst your bubble or be a dick but as good as CDH kits are they also lie/mislead so you can check with this info if that's really what your getting. Unfortunately the only true high out coil and cdi are the TZ fatboy and it's specific rotor.

Attachments

• cdi info 2.jpg
    cdi info 2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 121
  • cdi info.jpg
    cdi info.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 123
  • TZ fatboy and rotor.jpg
    TZ fatboy and rotor.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 120
Not trying to burst your bubble or be a dick but as good as CDH kits are they also lie/mislead so you can check with this info if that's really what your getting. Unfortunately the only true high out coil and cdi are the TZ fatboy and it's specific rotor.
They all lie, lol, business. Where are these Tz's at? I have never heard of them. I'd like to try one.

They all lie, lol, business. Where are these Tz's at? I have never heard of them. I'd like to try one.
Grubee is the only place I know that has these, Screaming Roo used to but Don took them on after they closed. It appears they are out of stock atm but here's the links.

Kinda weird seeing as the Canadian dist still has them and better deal LOL all in one package. The sad part is they can't ship to the U.S. as part of the agreement with Don and once they are sold out we can no longer get anything from them as they are being forced to close down not being allowed to import theses kits into Canada anymore.

Thanks @StreetRyderz for all the good info, I got to take mine apart now to check that. Thanks again, definitely bookmark reading material there.

Well @Street Ryderz got me curious so I grabbed one of my extra coils I get, & took a picture of it, I'll have to take my mag cover off tomorrow & check the magneto, my mag rotor dont look like the one in pic, but I believe it has the big 2 wire magneto. I love the wealth of information on this site, from thread to thread its great!!!
20211103_195447.jpg

Well my 2 wire magneto is different yet, its 23.48mm wide one direction like pics shown, yet it is 24.56mm measured 90° from pic shown. Quality QC parts, LOL

Back