Good price- Want a Honda GXH50 for your 4 stroke kit?

The gearbox will come separately from the motor and you'll have to put it on yourself. It's very easy to do but I would suggest you buy a little 100mm long 3 jawed gear puller for under $20 and a file because you will probably find that the key needs a bit of filing and the keyway in the centrifugal clutch is usually smaller than it should be. A bit of filing to get it all to fit nicely takes very little time and will make assembly and, more importantly, disassembly easier.
Gear pullers are a must have tool for these kits and so are some spare keys. It's the small key in the sprocket shaft that breaks most easily and it's easy to replace if you have a length of 3mm or 1/8" keysteel but it is time-consuming cos you have to take the gearbox off. The other keys are all 4.5mm and a length of that is always useful in case you need to replace any of those. The suppliers should have all these things as spares including gearbox gaskets but they don't. They carry nothing in the way of spare parts hoping to sell you a complete kit again! One other thing - it's a good idea to loctite the flange onto the freewheel sprocket to ensure it never comes loose. This was one of the best things I ever learnt with these drivetrains. There are pictures of the freewheel assembly on this thread:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=14738

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers Irish, i have a puller and files. i dont have spare lock keys, but i know a place to get them. i will bring the key over there to match and pick up a few. i have most tools for the job. thanks to MB.com and u guys, knowing is half the battle.

cant wait to get my parts in to start test fitting. after that i am going to have to review threads in here about wet gears and clutches. we will see.

grez

I purchased a Honda GX35 from the "Small Engine Warehouse", and it was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made.

After time I learned that they sold me a used engine, with the wrong size carburetor o-ring. I have spent months having to worry about if my bike would stall and have to be peddled.

The company has also ignored all requests for assistance in this matter. I ended up purchasing a new carburetor and now my bike is running great.

If you buy from them check the tank for the smell of gas fumes (new tanks do not smell of gas.)
Also check for stripped screws and bolts (to see if they sell you a used engine.)

I was told that they sometimes sell used engines, but they hide this policy very well.

Sry to hear this, I've had good luck with SEW engines,
but I've discovered that 'Equipatron' has them cheaper.
I don't think this problem originates with SEW, but with their
supplier.

Back