got my bike 95% dialed in

gas tank

Are you using the gas can as a tank?

Yes. I removed the small tanaka tank and replaced it with a 1 gal blitz plastic gas can. I started out filling up the small tanaka tank from the Blitz can every 22 or 25 miles Got tired of doing multiple fill ups on long rides

complete bike

Looks really comfy. I've ridden and downhilled with a full suspension MTB and theres a huge difference compared to hardtails. This must be a killer setup. You shoulda taken a picture of the whole bike. Shame to only see half of that beauty!

Here is a pic of the whole bike. Pardon the human kickstand::LOL:

Attachments

• camera contents dec 30 2007 111A.jpg
    camera contents dec 30 2007 111A.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 264
Questions

Bill, Did the T-40 come with vertical tank? The pic looks like it was horizontal before being replaced.

It appears the new tank is anchored to the engine mount bolts as well as the added frame?

May be something Van might want to review?

And, K999, how do you like those Bontagers?

How did you adjust for belt clearance? I had them on the Trek bike and loved the tire, but had to shim the drive gear and the belt was never centered satisfactorily.

hive

Love the tires, shimed the pully and shimed the bracket at the axcel with washers, belt tracks perfect but not much clearance with that wide tire. went with 26x 2.1 continentals town&countrys on the other bike.

Gas Tank info

Yes the tanaka tank was horizontal.
The new tank/tank rack is mounted to the engine mount[new bolt drilled in back of the engine mount bolts] and the added frame. I now have a 100 + miles on the continental town and country 2.1 tires. Belt clearance is good.The tires handle great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back