Green Machine - seriously green

I thought a thread dedicated to seriously green everyday or utility transport would be appropriate in this forum.

I'll start with Clive Mills of Western Australia who sent me a copy of his MB trike some time ago.

Attachments

• Clive's utility bike.jpg
    Clive's utility bike.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 452
ok where is the gentleman who started this thread
defend your point please

as we ride those things
I am personally a 2-stroke fan because that gives you the best bang for your buck. The lighter the vehicle, the more you pedal and the less gas you use.

I use my bike as a pedal cycle more than 50% of the time because it is good healthy exercise and it is suitable for me to do so.

HTs are dirty and the EPA does not like them. However, in terms of burnt fuel, 2-stroke MBs give you a very low carbon footprint.

Of course, if you use the 2-stroke as a fully powered bike, it is no better than a 4 stroke. But the 4-stroke, being heavier, is not conducive to use pedal-only use. Furthermore, the 4-strokes with engines mounted in the middle of the bike are not conducive to pedaling because the engine width is wider than the 2-strokes.

All that is by the by. Really, I started the thread to attract any pictures of bikes by environmental enthusiasts and I'd like to hear how they perform.

some of your points are hard to understand HybriPed

HTs are dirty and the EPA does not like them. However, in terms of burnt fuel, 2-stroke MBs give you a very low carbon footprint.

But the 4-stroke, being heavier, is not conducive to use pedal-only use

do not think that statement to be true
my 4-stroke is pretty darn light -- I think anyway
I use my bicycle very often without motor -- it rides very nice
and with a friction drive -- not dragging any extra chain

I guess that you are just not much of a 4-stroke kind of guy
at least over here
the 2-strokes seem to be on the way out
unless they comply to strick regs ??

ride that MB thing

Last edited:
I am personally a 2-stroke fan because that gives you the best bang for your buck. The lighter the vehicle, the more you pedal and the less gas you use.

I use my bike as a pedal cycle more than 50% of the time because it is good healthy exercise and it is suitable for me to do so.

Of course, if you use the 2-stroke as a fully powered bike, it is no better than a 4 stroke. But the 4-stroke, being heavier, is not conducive to use pedal-only use. Furthermore, the 4-strokes with engines mounted in the middle of the bike are not conducive to pedaling because the engine width is wider than the 2-strokes.

All that is by the by. Really, I started the thread to attract any pictures of bikes by environmental enthusiasts and I'd like to hear how they perform.

so you are saying that co2 is more toxic than the rest of the rest of the by products produced by burnt 2-stroke exhaust???

And I think my r/s eho35 weighs less than my ht 2 -stroke.

Last edited:
You got a pic to show, vtec?

Ht weighed almost twice as much as the eho35... my townie is all aluminum and weighs maybe 20-25 lbs. I pedal it very easily. Eho35 gets between 200 and 220 mpg.... and the emissions are regulated to CARB standards.

both engines are brand new... never used.

rsweight.jpg

htweight.jpg

Last edited:
stinkie little THINGS

And I think my r/s eho35 weighs less than my ht 2 -stroke.

proven
less in not only weight but much lighter in what it throws out in the world

I guess that if we are trying to sell our message
to someone who does not know better
I could tell them that my little 2-stroke was saving the world as we know it

but those of us that have been around the block
a couple of times regarding engins
or even followed behind one
know
those little 2-strokes are stinkie little THINGS

as we ride those THINGS

Ht weighed almost twice as much as the eho35... my townie is all aluminum and weighs maybe 20-25 lbs. I pedal it very easily. Eho35 gets between 200 and 220 mpg.... and the emissions are regulated to CARB standards.
Pretty impressive comparison. Thanks for that.

Hmmm

The 2-stroke is simpler and should be 1.5 kW (2 HP)

If there is 2 HP 4-stroke out there that fits into the main frame triangle (for balance) and is narrow enough so that the pedal cranks do not have to be modified (so they don't scrape on tight corners), then I'd have it in a flash.

Any suggestions?

Back