green off road machine

she goes good!

Attachments

• DSC00101.jpg
    DSC00101.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 928
A good looking machine.

I think it's possible that you haven't chosen the most popular color in the world, but it's still a good looking machine. The bright green will be good from the standpoint of safety as well. It's an eye catcher.

She's a Looker eh!

Hey Mean,

That looks pretty cool...those MAXXISS skins make 'er look pretty aggressive.
And as far as green...the Forest Service uses green and they....ok I guess green isn't that intimidating after all...

Still a good lookin' moto-machine brutha!
I'd pimp that thing in a heartbeat.

Nice build!
Go USFS! That is a good color. Safety conscious.
Please keep us up to date on how she holds up. I want to build a desert toy someday. A mini KX125 of sorts. (call it a KX66?)

mean green

thanks for comments fellas,
didnt know green was such an unpopular colour!
couple of other pics, profile bmx chainring using shimano centre lock onto alfine 8 speed internal hub. some window trim on the tank, to avoid opening up the sides of my knees! rock shox argoyls up front with 20mm axle, great forks! found the front hydrolic brake and front wheel with 20mm axle in hard rubbish on the side of the road.
in my opinion steel frames are the way to go.

post some action pics soon with my emu brothers, later.

Attachments

• DSC00294.jpg
    DSC00294.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC00295.jpg
    DSC00295.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC00296.jpg
    DSC00296.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 323
Beautifull Machine, Looks Like It Will Last And Last. The Color Is Cool, It Looks Better With Every Glance. 20 Mm Axles!! That Is Heavy Duty For Sure. I Found Some 14 Mm On Ebay, Front And Rear. They Think The Will Fit Regular Hubs. Great Pics. A Fine Job. Ron

There is nothing wrong with the color. I just don't see it very often on a bicycle.
What kind of carburetor do you have on it?
Also, I too am intrested in that profile BMX chainring. Was it origionally a crank sprocket?
An 8 speed internal hub? Wow! I have heard of 3 speeds and the Nuvinci CVT hub, but not an 8 speed. How stout is it?

bmx chainring had to be milled out in the middle then got 6 bolt adapter from a shimano disk rotor, the rivets can be angle ground off quite easily. have to grind off the nuts at the back after assembled as not much room against hub.
the original idea was to have couple of chainrings for off road, cruising etc.. but 66cc or whatever they are? motor does the lot. 42 tooth chain ring. If your keen i suggest a PM to me mate "screaming emu" he pretty much did most the work on mine, he has done a few now, it wont be cheep as parts alone add up, but they look sweet, come in a range of colours and teeth.
the carbie is a delorto, but the word is the dont work going up hill, havnt tried yet. suspension seat post from chain reaction cycles.
frame was an old "balance"
keeping it real on STEEL!

Back