green off road machine

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by mean lean, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mean lean

mean lean Member

she goes good!

Attached Files:

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

A good looking machine.

I think it's possible that you haven't chosen the most popular color in the world, but it's still a good looking machine. The bright green will be good from the standpoint of safety as well. It's an eye catcher.
  3. Proudest Monkey

Proudest Monkey New Member

She's a Looker eh!

Hey Mean,

That looks pretty cool...those MAXXISS skins make 'er look pretty aggressive.
    And as far as green...the Forest Service uses green and they....ok I guess green isn't that intimidating after all...

Still a good lookin' moto-machine brutha!
    I'd pimp that thing in a heartbeat.
  4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Nice build!
    Go USFS! That is a good color. Safety conscious.
    Please keep us up to date on how she holds up. I want to build a desert toy someday. A mini KX125 of sorts. (call it a KX66?)
  5. mean lean

mean lean Member

mean green

thanks for comments fellas,
    didnt know green was such an unpopular colour!
    couple of other pics, profile bmx chainring using shimano centre lock onto alfine 8 speed internal hub. some window trim on the tank, to avoid opening up the sides of my knees! rock shox argoyls up front with 20mm axle, great forks! found the front hydrolic brake and front wheel with 20mm axle in hard rubbish on the side of the road.
    in my opinion steel frames are the way to go.

post some action pics soon with my emu brothers, later.

Attached Files:

TREEWK Member

Beautifull Machine, Looks Like It Will Last And Last. The Color Is Cool, It Looks Better With Every Glance. 20 Mm Axles!! That Is Heavy Duty For Sure. I Found Some 14 Mm On Ebay, Front And Rear. They Think The Will Fit Regular Hubs. Great Pics. A Fine Job. Ron
  7. dudeimarobot

dudeimarobot Member

Very cool! Did you have profile chain ring drilled for the 6 bolt adapter?
  8. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

There is nothing wrong with the color. I just don't see it very often on a bicycle.
    What kind of carburetor do you have on it?
    Also, I too am intrested in that profile BMX chainring. Was it origionally a crank sprocket?
    An 8 speed internal hub? Wow! I have heard of 3 speeds and the Nuvinci CVT hub, but not an 8 speed. How stout is it?
  9. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

What kind of frame? Did the seat post come w/ it?
  10. mean lean

mean lean Member

bmx chainring had to be milled out in the middle then got 6 bolt adapter from a shimano disk rotor, the rivets can be angle ground off quite easily. have to grind off the nuts at the back after assembled as not much room against hub.
    the original idea was to have couple of chainrings for off road, cruising etc.. but 66cc or whatever they are? motor does the lot. 42 tooth chain ring. If your keen i suggest a PM to me mate "screaming emu" he pretty much did most the work on mine, he has done a few now, it wont be cheep as parts alone add up, but they look sweet, come in a range of colours and teeth.
    the carbie is a delorto, but the word is the dont work going up hill, havnt tried yet. suspension seat post from chain reaction cycles.
    frame was an old "balance"
    keeping it real on STEEL!
  11. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

This is where the 2-stroke HT,in-frame configuration really kills the 4-strokes....much more orientated to off-road use.
    Well done Mr Green.
  12. glassguy

glassguy New Member

My favorite part of that machine is the Sele Italia Flight saddle, italian leather titanium rails. I remember when I had one of those.
  13. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

the green cables at a very cool touch. ron
  14. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

ML, Thanks for the reply and for posting your build! My compliments!

I'm just currious if anybody knows a few things? As pictured in his build, the 8spd internal gives no mechanical advantage under motor power, correct?

Has anybody put a SBP shift kit on one of those internal hubs? Will they hold up???
  15. dudeimarobot

dudeimarobot Member

Correct. Just 8 pedaling gears.

SBP says their kits will work with internally geared hubs.

However some of these hubs are just meant for cruising at the beach. Not shifting gears under load from a motor at 35mph. Shimano makes the Alfine 8speed hub. Its stout enough for mtb use. They also make a 7 speed Nexus which is little less expenive and less durable...