Greetings From Minnesota

Servius

Local time
2:35 PM
I don't usually register for these forums, preferring to lurk in the shadows, but something tells me I'm going to be needing your help going forward.

My wife and I have just the one car and it's becoming a pain to keep trading it back and forth and picking each other up.

I would love to bike to work but to pedal a bicycle I want to not have to BE anywhere. Just pedaling to feel good. Also, my commute is just long enough to be sweaty and not long enough to be enjoyable.

I have an old Raleigh ten speed from the '90s that I have ridden but it's been put up in the garage for the last year. It's not a comfortable bike for long distances so when I return to road biking I'd like a new bicycle.

So my wife hears about weedeater bicycles and suggests I look into converting the old ten speed into a motorized bike. So I start searching and eventually come across this forum. I haven't bought anything. I'm still in research mode.

Current impressions.

I'm not much of a motor head but I've worked on bicycles since I was a kid. I think I can do this.

The weedeater appears a little weak and the only directions I found was for a friction drive power assist. I'd want the motor to be the primary power source.

This forum has an abundance of information and I'm looking forward to more exploring.

Thanks for listening

Servius.

glad you joined..

hello servius and welcome to you both...since you've been in the shadows have you read this one? http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86...i am no mechanic myself but beach cruzin my hubby helps me out...the chinese ones are quite frustrating as something always happens, suggestion is read and read some more lol good luck on all your endeavors and happy motoring!

Hi Servius. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
Im a Minnesota dude also. Private message me where you live.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
At least the lakes will start opening up for you some time this month. lol
Thats a sure sign spring has arrived and
2 wheel season will be open again. :D

Greetings Servious, and welcome to MBc! I'm certain you'll find a lot of good information here that will make your choice of engine much easier. Cheers!

Thank you

Thank you everybody. I'm getting excited about this new hobby.

Yes, again welcome and good luck with your new endeavor. I'm sure you will have a blast.

Back