Greetings from Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bgem41, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bgem41

bgem41 Guest

Hello MBers,

I have been lurking for a while learning and getting ideas and having them shot down almost as quickly as I came up with them thanks to this excellent forum.

My background in machine shop, mechanical engineering and machine design says that I should know which end of a hammer to use to tighten a bolt, but I am not practiced at bikes and the maint. necessary to run them. I am sure that this will come along nicely as I walk my soon to be ordered MB home a couple of times.

I make biodiesel, (this will be my 4th year), to supplement the home heating oil at 25% with no furnace mods and for my car. I learned everything about making BioD from another forum so I do have alittle practice at typing.

You have excellent organization to this forum and I hope that all will help to keep it so.

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard Britt. With you background, you'll make a great addition to the crew.
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
    flattery helps :lol:
  4. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

lol that was funny
    BTW welcome

6. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

:lol::grin::lol: Welcome to MBc. We do answer questions but also love it when you try a search first! We can tell by the question if you've been searching,,, and if you find something that is important to you,,,,, please reply to it so the good stuff keeps on keeping on!

7. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

welcome ! let the fun begin!
  8. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Cmon in and grab your metric cresent wrench. Your gonna need it.
    Machining background also.
  9. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Just make sure it is a torque hammer :grin:
  10. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  12. bgem41

bgem41 Guest

Thank you for the welcomes,
    I like you guys, your tool boxes have the same tools as mine. Metrinch wrenches, calibrated hammers, prop-wash brushes and smoke shifters!!!! :lol:

Since our fearless leader has been kind enough to supply us with some money, I feel that I should do what he asks to help stimulate the economy. I think that a dax 70 and a Schwinn Pt Beach Cruiser should fit the bill. I will let you know when it gets ordered and how things progress.:rolleyes:

The forum from which I learned how to make BioD has grown exponentially this last year. When I joined 4 years ago, the archives were huge. Now, new members get on and just start asking questions, the same ones over and over.
    I wish to urge members and newbies alike to help keep this forum organized, Great job Augi and moderators. Keep up the good work.

Well, time to do more research on tires, lights, tools etc. so that I can help our economy.

13. bill green

bill green Member

Britt that is so cool or hot Big welcome Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer
  14. will_start

will_start Member

Hey Bio Dude,

welcome to the fold, maybe you can make me some fuel that will fix all
    my mechanic issues so i can have happy times.

will start