Greetings Motor Bikers

TomONaBike

Local time
1:54 PM
Hello,

I have a 66cc 2 cycle engine mounted on my mountain bike. I picked it up used and have learned alot about small engines through the installation and troubleshooting process. This forum has been an unbelievably rich resource for those entering this hobby, particularly for me who didn't have any instructions or a properly installed bike to start with.

I am going on my third shipment of parts to keep it on the road, and it is mounted on the second bike. My muffler vibrated off, i found it a week later and then the welding melted off, then with a new muffler, the chain bounced off the back sprocket snapped and broke my back wheel, I took apart the head and broke a piston ring, and I dealt with a whole series of electrical issues that I am now looking to find out more about.

Hope to see you in the forums, as I may be able to share what I know and have learned, and hopefully turn the corner on my bike becoming more reliable.

Tom

Welcome to MBc, Tom. I'm honestly sorry for your problems, but we have all gone thru the same sort of bad days before the sun shines thru. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer. Good Luck to you.

Patrick

Back