Grubee G4 kit mounted on Grubee bike with 1 piece crank

Hi Irish John,

I guess I can now comment on the EZM kit without punishment because you mentioned EZM in an earlier post.

We are sad because we thought the Grubee G4 was the fix for earlier inventory of HS & Honda GX series motors. When we learned the G4 doesn't fit the ealier motor we decided to produce and sell the EZM automatic drive system for the many with problematic earlier kits.

Unlike the G4 we considered motor & drive system width an important issue. Our automatic drive system is only 2.125" wide and when added to the 8" width of the motor & rope starter the width is approx 10.125". We also tilted the drive system upward at the rear to gain more pedal crank clearance.

Our kits use 8.8 grade 6 MM bolts to affix the drive system to the motor and to fasten the motor to the mounting plate. FYI you can use 1/4" X 20 American bolts to repair the stripped out motor bosses. 1/4" X 20 is larger and only need the hole to be tapped to fit the slightly larger American bolts.

The EZM automatic system is still in testing [something the Chinese don't consider important], however the tests are so positive we are in the process of accepting bids on the fabrication work. My personal EZM automatic has over 400 test miles logged without any problems. Production schedules appear to fall between 30 and 45 days. We know we won't be able to meet the initial demand, but hope to increase production ASAP.

Because of our design, the motor can be easily aligned with the rear sproket. On all of the current test bikes the motor was mounted in the center of the mounting bracket slots with great success. We also designed an addtional mounting location using the outward bearing carrier to mount to the seat post for additional motor support.

Of the several EZM automatic tests we conducted, drive ratios were also worked out and we tried ratios from 14.68 X 1 to 16.43 X 1. NO PEDALING needed! Using a 26" Schwinn "Del Mar" bicycle the numbers are .......14.68 X 1 is 36.8 MPH @ 7000 RPMs, and 32.9 MPH @ 7000 RPMs.

The EZM automatic appears to smooth out the differences between the Honda & HS motors and end up with almost identical speeds. The HS motor seems to pull harder at lower speeds whereas the Honda has a slightly higher top end.

The EZM automatic will soon be offered as a stand-alone product via authorized EZM dealers and hopefully the cost will remain close to the manual version.

Have fun,

Your GB has come along a lot since I last looked at the website Quenton. I like how you test the product and develop things from the point of view of a serious motored biker. 10.125" is a whole lot different to 11.5" Quenton and although the old 9" old Grubee gearbox rig was nice I suppose at least there will be a considerable weight loss on the EZ belt drive than the old metal gears so that helps offset any width increase.
I can categorically say that 11.5" is way too wide and if you have to mount the motor high up in the frame as I have just had to do with the G4 that makes everything worse.
You know my feelings about cheap Chinese crud and as long a product works I can put up with a hefty price tag. If it costs more because it is made in the US by unsweated labour so be it. That is a good marketing point. I see you have not taken my previous advice and stamped the stars & stripes on the GB cover. That's good cos I think instead of doing that you should just stamp "Proudly Not Made in China".
I can tell a lot from that you-tube clip and you guys are onto something but you must realise that your allies in Australia need to be placed very high on your customer priority list - probably higher than half of the States in the US!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Grubee told me the 4g was going to be 2 cm's wider than the old stage 3. Since when is a cm 1.25 inches?
An Irish mile is longer than an English mile because the English made it that way to acquire more land. Maybe a Chinese inch is 1.25cm for similar reasons.
I'd forget about SBP shifter kit for an EZM Glacknoid, because I cannot see any advantage in driving the chain through gears on a 4-stroke. It's just complicating things for no real gain.

Is the Hs motor wider than the honda cuz I just measured both of my honda's and they are 7.5 wide at the most?

Is the Hs motor wider than the honda cuz I just measured both of my honda's and they are 7.5 wide at the most?

Glacknoid you are taking about engine width and we are talking about total width of the engine and gearbox because that is all that matters,

That was my honda engine width then the gearbox is another 1.75 for a total of 9.25 for the grubee stage 3.

Just measured the complete EZM motor width. The Proto-type is 9.5" wide and hopefuly the new bearing brackets will reduce the width to 9.25". My earlier motor width was an estimate, and after careful measurment the motor width is only 7.5" not 8" [not including the crankshaft].

Have fun,

Attachments

• Mvc-650f.jpg
    Mvc-650f.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Mvc-651f.jpg
    Mvc-651f.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
what's the gear ratio to the final drive sprocket with the automatic clutch? will that change if SBP shift kit is utilized.

Hi Fetor56,

We are in discussions with Aus & Canada about product dist/dealer at the moment.

Hi Glacknoid,
The manual version uses a belt tension system, whereas the automatic uses a MaxTorque centrifual clutch. The MaxTorque clutch is a special design to engage at a special RPM, and isn't mounted on the crankshaft.
No Grubee engager

Have fun,

10/56 5.6 X 1

We sent a production plate to SBP some time ago [at their request]. However I am completely happy with the current power band of the 4 stroke motor and the ratios we currently offer.

Have fun,

Last edited:
I meant the ratio from the motor shaft to the final output sprocket on the max torque clutch. Like the grubee stage 3 is 4.2 to 1, the 4g belt drive is 5 to 1 and the firebelly is variable depending on if it's used as a single speed or in conjunction with a shift kit. Tyreslider will have parts to change it back and forth depending which you choose.

Back