Grubee G4 kit mounted on Grubee bike with 1 piece crank

I meant the ratio from the motor shaft to the final output sprocket on the max torque clutch. Like the grubee stage 3 is 4.2 to 1, the 4g belt drive is 5 to 1 and the firebelly is variable depending on if it's used as a single speed or in conjunction with a shift kit. Tyreslider will have parts to change it back and forth depending which you choose.

Glacknoid go and start a thread of your own about shifter kits on 4-strokes!

Really John? Your going to jump down Glacks throat for asking a question pertaining to the Grubee gear box in which this thread is appropriately named Grubee 4G kit mounted on Grubee bike. But yet its ok for another VENDOR to talk about another product??

The width thing inch to cm's the GB is only a bit wider its the new clutch and housing on the side of the motor that makes it wide, not the GB itself.

Just got an E-Mail from Don regarding the width thing and I was told that the HS engine will need the 3pc cranks, but the Honda kits will use the 1pc because the Honda is a bit more narrow than the HS 3shoe clutch and housing. (So they say)

Biketec, your probably right the photo on the parts page for the 4g under honda of the clutch bell/ pulley does look shorter than the one for the HS, but the honda clutch bell won't have sealed bearings like the hs, it will have the racer like the stage 3 does, or so Don told me.

By the way, thanks for the defense, as far as Irish John goes he's anti shift kit but me being in the market for two new drive systems, I happen to have some relative concerns that will determine which one I settle on, and I want them to be easily adaptable to either single speed or shift kit potential. So Irish John forgive me for enquireing about gear ratio's, and adaptability of Quentons sweet transmission.

GRUBEE BICYCLES IN us?

John says they have GruBee bikes (and photo) as shown on their international website, but I can't find them listed in the US. The double rims and 12 gauge galvanized spokes seem to be a natural as the industry matures. A springer fork and seat post are also. The HD axle and drum brake should also be an option?

Are the coming?

Jim

Just got an E-Mail from Don regarding the width thing and I was told that the HS engine will need the 3pc cranks, but the Honda kits will use the 1pc because the Honda is a bit more narrow than the HS 3shoe clutch and housing. (So they say)

Side Tracking A Discussion?

The down under people are given to being direct, but the point is well taken.

Here two new products are being discussed and their interface with each other. Adding a third item to the discussion muddies the original one?

Just my not so humble opinion. )

Jim

Really John? Your going to jump down Glacks throat for asking a question pertaining to the Grubee gear box in which this thread is appropriately named Grubee 4G kit mounted on Grubee bike. But yet its ok for another VENDOR to talk about another product??

The width thing inch to cm's the GB is only a bit wider its the new clutch and housing on the side of the motor that makes it wide, not the GB itself.

Sorry Glacknoid. I was a bit abrupt but a separate thread on shifter kit would probably be worthwhile except I don't think it has much efficacy except for pulling up very steep gradient in a low gear. In a high gear it would have difficulty pulling against anything much. I think they would really struggle going much above 34 mph no matter what gearing. Then there's the hassle of gear changes.
Jimraysr is right as usual. He should be my minder!:devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:

What sort of clutch will the Honda have? Will it be same as old GB but with pulley wheel instead of gear wheel on other side of bell housing?
Incidentally the G4 (no engager version) and GT1 is now built and about to go down to my favourite testing strip (a disused level stretch of old highway I call the Tyagarah Salt Flats).
The 1 piece crank fitted better after the choke lever was amputated and the line of the drivetrain became more horizontal so the tensioner could engage the chain better. I will publish the performance data very soon probably today your time - not because the G4 is so fast I'm already in tomorrow but because you guys are a bit behind in time.:devilish:

Now I'm not positive but judging by the pictures my guess would be it will be just the trans. housing on the motor, bell sticks out and bolts on like normal ( Stage 1-2-3 ) but not positive but if that were the case you could loose a easy inch if not more because you wouldn't have that raised plate that is on the side of the new HS motor.

I'm sorry for the terrible description but its just a guess.

Here is the email

One piece WPC is OK for the 4G when a Honda engine is used due to much thinner T belt Transmission.. Problem occurred when my engineer said 1 piece was same width as 3 pc. Turned out he was mistaken, it's 1-1/2 cm shorter. We had been using 3 piece for all test riding.

Back