Grubee G4 kit mounted on Grubee bike with 1 piece crank

Now I'm not positive but judging by the pictures my guess would be it will be just the trans. housing on the motor, bell sticks out and bolts on like normal ( Stage 1-2-3 ) but not positive but if that were the case you could loose a easy inch if not more because you wouldn't have that raised plate that is on the side of the new HS motor.

I'm sorry for the terrible description but its just a guess.

Here is the email

One piece WPC is OK for the 4G when a Honda engine is used due to much thinner T belt Transmission.. Problem occurred when my engineer said 1 piece was same width as 3 pc. Turned out he was mistaken, it's 1-1/2 cm shorter. We had been using 3 piece for all test riding.

If Don was to post the gear ratio on this thread for the Honda GB we would probably be able to tell him the sprocket size within 2 teeth accuracy instead of being 8 teeth out as he usually is, Maybe he could dispense with his engineer because I'm beginning to suspct he's a plant from the JL Hoot School of Aeronautical Engineering.
He owes it to the environment to stop including useless sprockets with his kits. Don might think he'd lose face doing that so he should make his engineer post the request for help instead.
His description of test riding anything is not very convincing,

For what it's worth, he replied to an email of mine saying the ratio was 5 to 1 in combination with the sprockets in the kits is to keep them within the speed limits that pertain to a motor assisted bicycle regulations, laws.

G4 Latest News from the Salt Flats

G4a.jpg

G4c.jpg

G4d.jpg

G4b1.jpg
For what it's worth, he replied to an email of mine saying the ratio was 5 to 1 in combination with the sprockets in the kits is to keep them within the speed limits that pertain to a motor assisted bicycle regulations, laws.

That'd be about what I'd expect Glack. He probably maintains that the G4 is so wide cos they aren't built to go through the Panama Canal. I can tell you that with a 44T rear sprocket the G4 /HS combination has a top speed of less than the HT 2-stroke and it also has less pulling power and is unable to get up very steep gradients. To say I'm underwhelmed with its performance is an understatement. I need to put a speedo on it to get precise figures but this rig is nothing like as fast as the old Grubee GBs and HS rigs. I don't know what the right sprocket size should be on the rear hub but it's a good bit under 44T. I think this time he may be out by 10 teeth or perhaps more.
A 44T is as small as you can use on the GT1 cruiser unless you take the band brake right off, My theory is that the GB itself needed to be about the same reduction ratio as the old ones and if the G4 is 1:5 I forget what the mark1,2&3 is. I cannot see this GB working properly with any practical sprocket size and I still haven't found out what is best to make it work like I would want it to. Maybe it does need to be run through the gears with a jackshaft. As it stands it is pretty useless except for slow going. The 0-30mph in 6 seconds as stated on Grubee Inc website could only be achieved by riding over a sheer cliff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back