Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Streetvision, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Streetvision

Streetvision Guest

Hey guys,
    If i get that 48cc motor (www.zbox.com.au) that means technically i could ride it like a one speed motorbike? or would i have to pedal all the time too.
    or is 48cc quite powerful for it's application on a bike? i know it's max speed is like 30kmph but thats fast enough. i guess im just looking for a kinda mini motorbike that i can ride around where push bikes can go

Because the only other thing i know of is a pit bike, but they're too noisy, illegal and attract a lot of attention. i'm trying to do this legally

Cheers
    Todd

2. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hey,

Max speed from a 49cc engine is between 25-30mph not KPH!

You'd be looking at 50kph/30mph or so - I could get that off the 25.4cc zenoah belt drive

The engine is suitable for a bike but its advisable to have a fairly good frame and good brakes.

Other advice includes building very carefully to keep things in trim and pre and post ride checks.. just look through the forum for more information - the frame mount engine area is where to start...

nice too see you here

Jemma xx

3. Streetvision

Streetvision Guest

Well, i am also considering buying a new bike, then at least i know i can get the dimensions and stuff and ensure a nice and easy fit.

would disc breaks be a necessity?

4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. Read and research in the forums. There's lots of discussion of frames, speeds, and brakes. The info is out there.

5. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc. Read and learn. Post to the appropriate section From the Giant Side of Texas!

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

7. Welcome, MBC is a great place. everbody is very helpful & lots of good info, just have to take your time & serch. Have fun & once you get bit by that bike bug, you just can't stop. Good luck, Dan

8. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

9. runnamuc

runnamuc New Member

hey todd, i got the 66cc from zbox and i love it, running in is a hassle but the speeds gettin up there. i average about 35ks at the moment but it seems to be lagging at the mo great fun though.

10. heathyoung

heathyoung Member

I have a 66cc, you can push it to 50-55kph if you are game :)

11. runnamuc

runnamuc New Member

i don't know how you get such a good top end, i'll hold mine flat and only get 40kph. bike seems to be running ok, i've done some mods but no major change

---------------------------------------------
    "of course i love you more than her darlin"

12. heathyoung

heathyoung Member

Maybe its a freak - clocked with cars going at this speed, its got a few K's on it and I'm running decent chain (KMC) - The other one (that kept shearing bolts) was a ported and compressed screamer, but boy did it use some fuel!

13. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Hi Mate.
    Welcome to the group.
    Take it easy when you first install your motor.Keep your speed down and don't rev the motor too hard until you have done the first 500 kilometers.These motors get better as they get older.

14. runnamuc

runnamuc New Member

i did take it easy although i rang its neck a few times, it seems to be going slower than it was a month ago. i do the maintenance i.e. clean exhaust,air filter,plug and nothing just a bike that seems to need more help going up hills than before. recently started running 20/1. anyway, didn't mean to winge about it i'm just curiuos