Ebike on a budget!

Above bike I'd get the 500wt motor, anything less is anemic. The cheap Ebike in another thread the reviews were terrible. 1 reviewer could not get a replacement charger or battery after only a few months of use. That is a huge issue with these cheaper Ebikes.

Above bike I'd get the 500wt motor, anything less is anemic. The cheap Ebike in another thread the reviews were terrible. 1 reviewer could not get a replacement charger or battery after only a few months of use. That is a huge issue with these cheaper Ebikes.
That looks like a hailong style battery. Either a 4 pin or 5 pin on the battery base. That should be a ready available battery.

Dimensions of battery would be the only real issue.

That looks like a hailong style battery. Either a 4 pin or 5 pin on the battery base. That should be a ready available battery.

Dimensions of battery would be the only real issue.
How it mounts and fits are issues too, a lot are proprietary to the company.

How it mounts and fits are issues too, a lot are proprietary to the company.
Most of all the replacement batteries you buy, come with the battery tray/connection.

Yes & battery size would need to fit in the frame of the bike.

The bad thing is: A good replacement battery would meet or exceed the price of the bike.

Yeah I hate the stupid lil proprietary parts some of these bikes use.

Cheap battery cells and they last a couple years that's how they can sell the bike at that price
If their battery had good battery cells they would brag about it
Usually if the Battery has the good quality battery cells the manufacture tells you in their E Bike advertisement

BTW millage is way over estimated

Most of all the replacement batteries you buy, come with the battery tray/connection.

Yes & battery size would need to fit in the frame of the bike.

The bad thing is: A good replacement battery would meet or exceed the price of the bike.

Yeah I hate the stupid lil proprietary parts some of these bikes use.
Yep a Quality battery 48v 17ah or 14.5 with tray is gonna cost $500 at least

That bike with a good 17ah or 20ah battery & you could ride days in PAS 2-3.

Better yet would be swap out for a 20amp controller. That would make it a zippy lil bike.

Aside from the potential battery being a weak spot, it's still not a terrible bike. They offer a 12 month warranty on it, and I went looking through reviews on Youtube. Most reviews are fairly positive, and there are a couple of people with several thousand miles on them, so it can't be too terrible. I think if you were looking to get in to an ebike and didn't have a lot of cash to spend, it's a great starting point. I suspect they are so cheap now because they have been out for a couple of years and they may be clearing back stock.

17AH at PAS 2 would probably give you right around 4 hours of pedal assist if you assume 100W of output per PAS level. 200W/48V = 4.167A, and 17/4.167 = 4.08 hours. Granted, that's running from 100% to 0%, so we could call it a conservative 3.5 hours of riding time. At PAS 2 most people could probably maintain 14-15mph with ease, which would give you roughly 50 miles of range on the conservative side of things and maybe up to 60 miles. Those figures are fairly realistic to me give the motor and bike size.

If you want "ride all day" levels of power.. https://www.amazon.com/IASOBLI-Electric-Ebikeling-Voilamart-Waterproof/dp/B0BFVMFQD3/ref=sr_1_16?crid=36JAUK1YPUMGB&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.R3ZVwOOFXQHAdelRHQ_Bg6phaQeheGcjf5KcncORZm1HT4H8AzRafxDYb5hquDxYJ-15Y_kkp5xaHHE3eHshYN-sHY2RuTc9i00EeIrAROTVWJi2gk8si2hXvhHBi58R9SxCY4CKnJYJTsOGolgO-D8ENXMDcj0Dn4heTWt_lyCcBrk2ZxYSz3WKBc_CtLUwEQVhno7RQJMGAO9x6WdQPOZFGAOufKyQUnr799kNg7_WW-BBiQKyWEk0KrhQUenlENYdzzO8K3IAJyAYPlhK8zT9qUQ5uTl_6QBq1QrVQ1U._B5AgXnqLD9TgzVq27PciGyaPLn6_uSRmjRW7wgdc4U&dib_tag=se&keywords=48v+25ah+ebike+battery&qid=1710491917&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=48V+25AH,sporting,116&sr=1-16

That would give you 7 hours of ride time at 200W output and roughly 100 miles or range if you can maintain 14-15mph.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back