Hello from central Ohio

bob_piper

Local time
8:45 PM
Hello,

I'm a graduate student and a motorcycle rider and I've been wanting to build a motorized bicycle for quite a while. Actually, I have several projects in my head for both motorcycles, motorized bicycles and alternate energy bikes. I don't, however, have a garage or much money, so the motorized bicycle is the first project.

I normally ride a 2001, 1100cc, horizontally opposed v-twin, Moto-Guzzi Stone. I love this bike and ride it every chance I get. However, I only live two miles from school and firing up the v-twin for a two-mile ride at 35mph seems like a sin (besides it turns my usually 50mpg bike into a 30mpg bike.)

I've previously restored a 1979 Hercules W2000. This was the first production Wankel rotary powered motorcycle and is now in Jay Leno's collection. I'm still waiting for that photo Jay!

I'm interested in the old style thumpers like Scott, Brough, AJS, and the more primitive bikes like the P&M which was a moped. I think James Hough has got the right idea, check out his bike!

I've got a 50cc chinese Honda clone coming from ebay. It will need some work, so we'll see. I might have to give in and get something else, but I want a 4 stroke. I'm thinking of the "Bruiser Prestige" bicycle as a platform, but I plan on going to the local police auction and see what I can get my hands on.

Okay, that's it. I'll post my progress.

welcome bob; hooper imports sells all you will need for your 50. that fifty has twice the torque and hp of one of these ht 80's. good luck. mitch

Thanks Stude13 and graucho,

Hooper imports might be useful down the road. I've also got a good honda junkyard down the road. I'm off to the police auction tomorrow to check out bikes.

Bob

Back