Hello from Minneapolis Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Drfefe2, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Drfefe2

Drfefe2 New Member

Hello there, I am so glad I have stumbled across this wonderful community! Right now I am working on my first build,; putting a 80cc 2-stroke chinese ebay motorized bicycle kit on a Gt Kustum Cruiser "Duce". It is pretty much my first experience with motors and bicycles so I am a super noob.

So far I have put on the sprocket, got the engine custom mounted, and put the chain on.

I only have a couple questions right now,

How much wobble is acceptable form the sprocket, right now I have a little.

The chain fits fine but it is pretty tight. is this ok? Do I need to install the Idle tensioner pully thing even though there is no slack?

How far should the clutch move when you pull the lever. Just enough to let the chain move or all the way in?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Jackson

Attached Files:

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; loosen and tighten bolts on sprocket till is as true as can be. the chain is going to stretch, the clutch should disengage so when you pedal it is free. mitch

3. jared3377

jared3377 Member

Welcome to MBc!!! I like the bike--it's perfect for a motor!:cool:

4. Butch

Butch Guest

Welcome Drfefe2
    Good luck with your build. Be sure to post a pic of the finished product.

5. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Jackson. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392