Hello from Orange County, California!

Melissa Ortiz

Local time
9:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking this forum for 3 weeks and finally decided to join :).

I have a sick motorized bike (won't start /too much oil) and this forum is helping me to get it back up and running!

I also don't see alot of girls on the forum and wanted to represent! Girls ride motorized bikes too!

Attachments

• SAM_0306.jpg
    SAM_0306.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 220
Welcome to the forum. I lived in the OC in the mid 80s and worked in the blimp hangars in Tustin.

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes :)

@wheelbender06 I used to live by Tustin but I moved to Santa Ana, makes my commute to Costa Mesa much easier by bike (gas or regular).

@oldpot my ex and I built it together with no problems. I rode if for about 400 miles and a bad oil/ gas mix has caused me some problems getting it to run. Its been puttering for 6 weeks now, still trying to get it running! But besides that the build is comfy for a short person, I'm 5'3, its awkward for someone taller to ride it, though I'm sure it can be comfy with a few mods to the handlebars.

Hi Everyone,

I have a sick motorized bike (won't start /too much oil) and this forum is helping me to get it back up and running!

I also don't see alot of girls on the forum and wanted to represent! Girls ride motorized bikes too!
Hi Melissa, did you get your bike running?

When it gets warmer we will have some more local OC rides.

The next race is on Saturday April 13th 2013 and we have had a
couple of women racing on the track.

Last edited:
@MotorBicycleRacing not yet :(

I'm going to check to see if the clutch is slipping on Sunday, its the only day I have to work on my bike ;)

ooooh a Motorized bicycle race sounds fun! I'll make sure I make a note of it and see if I can make it out there, it'd be great to meet other riders and see different builds.

Hi Everyone,

Hi Melissa,

Just to let you know, I am on my 2nd motor-assisted bike and I'm a woman and I live in Orange County.

Welcome.

Mary

Guess what everyone?

My Pumpkin is running again!!!

It turned out to be a combination of things due to running it too rich for the first 200 miles.

So, after taking out the following:
-Removed fuel line and replaced filter
-Emptied the gas tank of gas/oil mix
-Taking apart the clutch line and Kill switch, then reattached
-Cleaned out clutch plates

I put everything back together (said a small prayer) and started to pedal and it finally caught and started running!!

I'm so excited, I missed my motorized commute. It's a nine mile commute from home to work, now I can be home in 20 minutes!

Thanks to the forum and all the posts!

Back