Hello, from the middle of Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Smerf, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Smerf

Smerf New Member

Hi there! I'm Smerf, hailing from Midland, TX.

I'm 23, about to get married, and I have a problem. I am addicted to things with wheels or engines. :shock:

My current stable consist of: 2002 Miata, 2007 Kawasaki 650R, 2003 Derbi GPR 50 Replica, Trek 800 ATB, nameless 80s steel road bike, 1960s Sears and Roebuck road bike(just the frame right now), and a few other things not worth mentioning.

I've also owned: 2005 CPI GTR-50 scooter, 1978 Firebird E'sprit, and an 04 Mustang(v6, but nobody realizes the potential... such a sleeper hehe). I just bought a Kulana Moon Dog to put a motor I just ordered in :smile:

I paid for all of those except the Firebird myself, just so nobody gets the wrong idea.

I have some experience with bikes, a bit with tuning 2T engines, and a lot of general mechanical experience. I like to tinker with just about anything. Also, I enjoy reading quite a bit and do so whenever possible and am always open to suggestions for a new book.

Sorry this came out so long winded, I forgot there is so much in the garage.

2. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

hey Smerf, welcome aboard
    it's a good thing that you like to read lol, there is a lot of info found here, it just takes a lot of reading to get all the info needed for a successful build.
    me thinks that you will build a nice bike and I'm lookin' forward to seein' some pics of your work.
    good luck and happy motoring
  3. TracyT

TracyT Member

Hey Smerf,

I was just in Midland on Saturday. I'm from Lubbock.

Welcome to the forum!

4. Smerf

Smerf New Member

I've noticed :) I've already gone quite a few pages back in most of the forum, and have plans for looks and performance in the future once I've gotten the feel for the happy time engine.

I knew I saw a post from someone in Lubbock! Good someone that will understand any slang I use haha. I go to lubbock once a month or so, we might have to meet up sometime.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. pumpbuilder

pumpbuilder Member

You need to try a bike like this, lol. Welcome.