Hello people. Newbie from Maine here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nickledyme, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Nickledyme

Nickledyme Member

Since I get alotta my info from this site I figured I might as well join. I'm an all season/weather rider from Maine. I don't know alotta the technical lingo on here so this should be fun lol

2. k-wad

k-wad Member

Hi there!

Don't feel bad, I'm trying to figure out the lingo myself.
    I just came back after an extended vacation and they went and changed the names of everything! :confused:

3. Nickledyme

Nickledyme Member

Yea I feel ya man. Me I personally don't know much bout these bikes. Got a used lemon in the dead of winter here. I've learned what I know from having to replace everything on it. I think I've gotten the hang of it finally. Hasn't been easy tho I tell ya.

4. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Welcome tell us more about your bike.

5. Nickledyme

Nickledyme Member

Well it's nothing special to look at but I've put alot of time,work,and dedication into it. It's an Ironman 21 Speed Mountain Bike. I have a basic chinese 66/80cc 2 stroke/cycle engine on it. CDI and magneto is stock but brand new. I just put on a Speed Carb on it,3 prong spark plug,spring loaded tensioner,thick heavy duty chain. I warped my cheap aluminum back rim so I'm gettin a steel one with hopefully thicker spokes. I have plans for fenders,a smaller sprocket or the fancy hub adaptor piece I can't get my eyes off of and a double kickstand to start.

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I have only visited Maine once. I gotta go back one day.

7. Nickledyme

Nickledyme Member

It's a great place to ride in the summer as long as you're not in the city.