Safety Helmets...What is your style

That a good point you can do more on these like through parks and type spaces in the country, never really thought about that, thankyou. But this must be a sessional way of transport, wheather must become an issue?

if before MB'ing you had to walk in the rain, or stand in the rain waiting for a bus, then you might be ok with putting on a rainsuit and going for it.

yeah, people think you're crazy...but that's only because you're always smiling...go figure :)

snow? i haven't experienced it yet with an MB, but others handle it so i know i can too if i have to...

still beats waiting for the bus, imo :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with you its still an improvement on walking in bad weather but i was thinking more of the the problems that may accure when it rains or snows. Id rather walk in the rain with a rain jacket than wait with my MB. I respect all the reasons you put to having one but you must except the faults in the MB

faults & limitations

hi again, Ethan :)

yes, there are "limitations" to just how much one can accomplish on an MB...i won't (often) suit up and go pleasure-riding in the rain, but if i need groceries i won't hesitate just because it's raining. my bike & the system i use has proven itself impervious to the weather, she's ready any time i'm game :cool:

imo, any definitive "faults" to be found lie with individual builders & riders...you do your best (or not) to build what you think you need, from hobby-level to full-time reliance...

if you buy smart, build smart, and ride smart, and YES respect the limitations of your "motor-assisted-bicycle", the favorable returns for your labor-of-love are limited only by how far you wanna take it.

full-time isn't for everyone, i am aware...but it's doable if reliance is a factor :helmet:

Try www.niagaracycle.com for snow tires without breaking the bank.

I use a "modular" helmet made for road motorcycles. I like the flip up chin function because It gets hot at stoplights and makes it much easier to converse with officers or curiousity seekers without taking off the helmet.

With a little practice you can eat small items without making a mess. Burritos and candy or trail mix work best. Drinking is easy with the chin piece up out of the way.

I bought this one for $35 plus shipping and still like it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Full...QQitemZ140386757907QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That a good point you can do more on these like through parks and type spaces in the country, never really thought about that, thankyou. But this must be a sessional way of transport, wheather must become an issue?

At this point we seem to have strayed off point. I am interested in seeing all the diferent styles of helmets worn. I seem to recall that Bama wore a hard hat. I will try to find a pic of it.

If you look you can see his saftey orange helmet on the handle bars.

Ride on Bama, Ride on.

Attachments

• bamabikeguy.jpg
    bamabikeguy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 261
I use a "modular" helmet made for road motorcycles. I like the flip up chin function because It gets hot at stoplights and makes it much easier to converse with officers or curiousity seekers without taking off the helmet. ........
I bought this one for $35 plus shipping and still like it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Full...QQitemZ140386757907QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

Love that helmet. It would work great in this Texas heat. And you would get full face protection when moving. THANKS HAPPY

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I like that REI helmet with hat brim. Cool!

re: Kylin ebay helmet above.

Mine was shipped in 1 day from Houston to Dallas for ground rate. I like the seller.

The helmet is good enough for a street motorcycle, but if you want to do stunts or 120mph, get a shoei.

BUY EXTRA SHEILDS with it, they are only $10/e with order. I wish I had bought several at that price, since the helmet was easy.

Don't use a hot blow drier to air it out. Use a box fan or small fan, and lysol if you need to. I clean my standard foam bike helmets with 70% rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and let them air dry (beware of flammable fumes, do it in garage or something.) None of my helmets stink.

I think it ventilates pretty good, esp with the plexi shield clicked open one notch (it has many adjustments). It fogs kind of easily if all the way down, but I plan on drilling a few fog holes in one shield to see how it goes. Mostly its warm now so it doesn't do it anyway.

I can feel air moving around my mouth with the shield down, so I think it works good. The comfort level is still high after about 1 month of ownership and near daily use.

Love that helmet. It would work great in this Texas heat. And you would get full face protection when moving. THANKS HAPPY

Last edited:
Back