Tubes HELP..second rear wheel blow out less than week

had a problem with my front wheelpopping

so i spent about $60 on a nice set of steel rims and bought tubes from wallmart with the slime in them and they are 5x's thicker than most tubes

havent popped since

more than recommended air -- no no please

I agree with most all the things stated above. However I'm not sure if I would trust a tire inflated over it's max

that extra air -- above what is recommended could hurt you ???

facts I think would be as follow

would think that all tire air max give one some lead way
thus if a tire is rated for 50 lbs it should be fine with 55 to 60 at least
but is this good for the tire -- no
and as said before in the hot heat of summer tires expand
that 50 lb tire that has been overfilled to 60 lbs now becomes 65 lbs
just from up top the mountain
one should never go more than 5 lbs over what's recommended

tire lines -- seem to be a great thing for the money
saved me from one flat (for sure) already
the LARGE staple I found in my tire did not go through plastic liner

ride the motor bike thing

Riding at night without adequate headlights is risky,you can't see far enough ahead as to what the road surface is like,slowing down helps,you have more time to brake or swerve.

Some people on here have reported success with the No-Mor Flats Solid inner tubes. They are apparently a pain is the neck to put on, but I would suspect they will work.

Those are not good on your drive wheels. To be fair though I do put some SERIOUS miles on my rides.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=16652

I've found that slime tubes also give false promises but then again that's what's on my rims. I've had one EXPLODE when it was nearing 100 degrees F out and the ones that have failed me failed at the valve stem due to the tube rotating on the rim.
What hasn't failed me yet are those super thick slime tubes but I'm ALWAYS checking that my valve stems are sticking straight out and not kinked at an angle before any ride. If so it's deflate,readjust inflate.
You'll have a flat. Just be prepared. To save time I just carry a foot pump in my tool pouch and a new inner tube.

To handle the obstacles of your journey, I'd recommend a STRONG Plastic or Alloy rear wheel and a Good Tire with a No-More-Flats. I get zero tire issues. I put my bike through it all, high miles AND high speeds while hauling stuff. With air tires, I got flats regularly.

I have found the plastic rims to fit much better and seat the tire bead better and deeper than the metal rims, so the No-More-Flats fit MUCH better with plastic wheels. http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3191

Also a drawback of No-More-Flats tubes, is you may bend a stock rear metal rim very easily, because the solid-filled tire is so hard, that just the right bump will warp the rim and break the spokes. The plastic wheel solved that issue, and on top of that, it's much easier to pedal now because there's NO spoke flex.

Attachments

• DSC02643.JPG
    DSC02643.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 186
Depending on your budget, I highly recommend the super wheels that WheelMaster laces up. He uses monster spokes on those things. Then, to minimize flats, I use Specialized Armadillo tires. They are just about bulletproof. http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTires26_Flat&eid=355 I have put over 1000 miles on a pair of hemisphere tires from them and they look like they still have plenty of life in them.

Back