Chains help with chain coming off rear sprocket

I would also like to try and add a moped rear rim so then I can have better way to put my sprocket on and then I can also have drum brakes witch is way better then having the bicycle v-brakes but I don't think an old moped rim would fit on the back of a bicycle.

My riding partner Ocho Ninja put a moped hub on his 4 stroke build. It looks real freaking good. I'll try to remember to get pics and maybe have him contact you and shoot ya a little advice on the subject.
I'm using the Howard Hub Adapter on the Huffy (Hussy) It works well but yer right, Drum brakes are better than V-brakes. And Disc brakes are better yet. My opinion has always been that if you can't go, you can't die. But if you can't stop you WILL die.
Big Red.

drum break

Any pictures or advice on putting a moped rim on my bicycle would be great.

I have never owned a bike with disc brakes I have always had drum brakes I am 19 and I have owned 70's moped right up to a 2001 tomos moped all have drum brakes even my 2009 honda 50cc scooter has drum brakes I have never had aproblem with drum not even in the rain/mud.

I tend to abuse the mopeds I can't use a 50cc dirt bike in the city and they don't make a 50cc dirt bike in an adult size so the moped kind of becomes a street legal dirt bike then I wonder why I can't get more then a summer out of a moped.

Moped hub

I talked to Ocho Ninja and he has a thread about it on the "OTHER" forum. But basicly he says ya gotta find a moped hub that fits between your dropouts,(Maybe with a "little" stretching.) Get a steel rim with the same number of spoke holes that can be drilled for the bigger spokes and build yer wheel.
He said Sportsman sells the hubs, but I think they are overpriced on EVERYTHING.
Anyway, here the link to his thread. Hope it helps.
Big Red.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45405&page=3

I just looked at his thread and it don't go into the hub build. I'll chew his a** out and make him get hold of you if yer still interested.

(P.S. If you wanna look me up, I go by fatdaddy on this forum.)

Back