Help with friction drive weed eater engine

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by linekid, Jul 16, 2011.

1. linekid

linekid New Member

Okay, I already searched for my problem, and didn't find anything on it. Im trying to build a friction drive bike with a Homelite weed eater that my grandfather gave me. When i took off the big plastic piece, the pull starter was inside the plastic piece. What i want to know is, can i use this type of engine for a motorized bike, or does the pull start have to be integrated into the engine? This is my first MB, but i want to use this engine.

Really need help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

2. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

those engines belong on the rubbish heap so i can grab em, and melt em down for scrap...

set up a friction drive or some sort of manual clutch affair and yes, theyre useable but seriously...

get a ht :D

homelite, black n decker, ryobi, mtd? etc etc etc...all the same. :poop:

yeah yeah, so it was given to what... if it had been any good you would have payed for it :jester:
  3. blue 48

blue 48 Member

yep use it to pull apart and learn about 2 strokes and play with it abit get it running what ever. but dont use it as a bike motor, any way a friction drive slips in the wet kills tyres ect and these chinese kits are soo cheap, performance/after market/ standard parts are a lot easier and cheaper to get than a ryobi ect ect i got my whole bike for $220 second hand and any way i think the worst looking chinese motor instalation looks better than a weed eater welded onto a bike
  4. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

good luck re-winding that re-coil pull start spring!