New build, general questions

I run the same plug as the stihl Saws use, mostly because I have a bunch of them for my stihl saw. BPMR7A. It's shorter on both ends but has a projected electrode. Works a treat.

Gap, around .25 is fine. I have gone as wide as .30 without issue myself just messing around, but I saw no real benefit.

I run the same plug as the stihl Saws use, mostly because I have a bunch of them for my stihl saw. BPMR7A. It's shorter on both ends but has a projected electrode. Works a treat.

Gap, around .25 is fine. I have gone as wide as .30 without issue myself just messing around, but I saw no real benefit.
Where do you get yours? I checked through NAPA and they said they would have to pay to have them shipped from Indiana

Where do you get yours? I checked through NAPA and they said they would have to pay to have them shipped from Indiana
I buy them online in packs of 4 usually, or I can find them in the lawn and garden section of Menards if I feel like dealing with people... which I usually don't

I buy them online in packs of 4 usually, or I can find them in the lawn and garden section of Menards if I feel like dealing with people... which I usually don't
I can get a 10 pack for about 30 bucks. It that a good price?

I don’t know if this is appropriate or if I should start another thread? However, this has likely been covered before somewhere so I didn’t want to start a thread on something that’s been covered before:
Question is….. what to expect during break in period as far as performance goes. I know the oil mix is higher than it will be after break in. I have been riding at most mid throttle and at times cranking up the throttle for 10 seconds or so and back down to low throttle. What I have noticed about the performance is everything real good up to mid throttle, but when cranking, there is no significant speed increase. The motor revs to higher RPM’s, but no real pull or increase in speed to speak of.

Any input?

I don’t know if this is appropriate or if I should start another thread? However, this has likely been covered before somewhere so I didn’t want to start a thread on something that’s been covered before:
Question is….. what to expect during break in period as far as performance goes. I know the oil mix is higher than it will be after break in. I have been riding at most mid throttle and at times cranking up the throttle for 10 seconds or so and back down to low throttle. What I have noticed about the performance is everything real good up to mid throttle, but when cranking, there is no significant speed increase. The motor revs to higher RPM’s, but no real pull or increase in speed to speak of.

Any input?
If the engine is actually revving higher, but you don't accelerate, your clutch maybe out of adjustment and slipping.

If you are still running the red clutch pads, swap them for the black and white ones and adjust the clutch. Those red ones burn up fast

Back