Hey guys, this is my second post, but I still need a good bit of help!

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by 6tyTen, Mar 15, 2016.

1. 6tyTen

6tyTen New Member

First things first, I really like this bike, except that I would like it to have a 49cc, 4-stroke kit on it. So... a road bike with cruiser-style handlebars, correct?

So, do any of you know anything about this bike? A 1989 Schwinn Prelude? Would a 49cc, 4-stroke kit fit on this, and then I could put some cruiser-style handlebars on it?

And if so... does anybody have any suggestions for kits? Or for any other bikes on CL in that area, maybe? My budget is: I want to spend around $500 to $600 to get started, bike and kit, and I wouldn't mind a couple other small purchases down the road a bit to make it better/more reliable. This will be my main form of transportation, and not a side project, so I am trying to buy quality, and do it right!

Also, I've been told I should probably get something with a steel frame?

Sort of a vague post, and pretty similar to my other post, but I just am still having trouble deciding on what I should do, exactly.

Any and all help is very, greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016

2. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

naw, ive seen road bikes with the tall top bar have 4-strokes. im getting a 4-stroke kit this friday and putting it on a tall mountain bike. will report with my thoughts to u
  3. Greg58

Greg58 Member

On a lot of four stroke builds you have to use the wider pedal crank, do some measuring before you decide.
  4. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

5. john morrow

john morrow Member

Did you ever build this bike? If not and you still would like to have one built let me know I can build you one.