Crashes Hit by a car while riding

Glad you are ok!

Glad you are ok! And glad you where wearing a helmet. I just found out one of my oldest friends was in a scooter accident without a helmet and now he is going to be close to a vegetable the rest of his life. I would almost guarantee he would still be able to speak today if he had just been wearing a helmet.

I'm also looking into motorcycle armor for ridding in traffic. I'm going to start a thread on it soon because there are a huge amount of options out there.

Right on. I am currently deciding between soft shell or hard shell. The high end soft shells can actually offer more protection than the ABS plastic ones but they are way more expensive and you have to wear it like a base layer. I like the idea of being able to slip it on and off as needed without undressing every time. Plus the ABS plastic ones have significantly less expensive. I'm going to see if I can get one of the higher end companies to partner with me though so price won't be an issue.

Well its good to hear your doing fine now. It always pays to wear a helmet. I didn't know the man required a DOT approved helmet for motorized bicycle riding but it makes sense. I wear a half helmet when riding my motorcycle but I think I would opt for a full helmet with face shield if I were riding the moped. Maybe a half shield...

Right on. I am currently deciding between soft shell or hard shell. The high end soft shells can actually offer more protection than the ABS plastic ones but they are way more expensive and you have to wear it like a base layer. I like the idea of being able to slip it on and off as needed without undressing every time. Plus the ABS plastic ones have significantly less expensive. I'm going to see if I can get one of the higher end companies to partner with me though so price won't be an issue.

Any pics on soft shell armor. I'd prolly wear it every day, if it wasn't so hot here all year.

Back