Honda GXH50 Governor Disconnection. Discussion & Pictures

Irish:
ALL the info u need to disconnect the governor is here,particularly look at ocscully's & my pics & my leftover parts.His is a QHA model & mine is a QXA.It tool me 10 mins to do mine thismorning as it's unnecessary to touch the engines internals,only peripheries.
$40 for 10 mins work yourself,that's good value & u get to learn...........forget the dealer.
P1010044.JPG

P1010045.JPG

P1010046.JPG

P1010047.JPG

P1010049.JPG

Your right Fetor. They were charging me like a wounded bull. I resent the engine prices in Oz too cos they know we are a captive market and can't nip over any international border to get a better deal. Your photos need annotation for dummies to understand them better which means me.

i weigh north of 250lbs, have a honda 35cc ride hills, exceed the speed limit, and cruise. the honda 50cc is overkill unless pulling a small travel trailer. these little motors of course produce small hp, by running that amount of hp through a gearbox and chain configuration the amount of parasitic loss is substancial. i think the rule of KISS applies here, check golden eagle bike engines as a an option. ride on

If function is the overriding issue, I suspect that is true. For me, I want a certain look while I am cruising around just for fun- that excludes a rack for me.

What is the rule of Kiss? Is it that you can kiss your motor when it's mounted on a big rack just over your right shoulder?

Summary:
Take off all these parts and you'll have your governor disconnected...it should take 5-10 mins.
governor.jpg
Also,see my post here of 02-11-2008....download the PDF & scroll down to get the GXH50,there you'll also find the Control Assembly.........THE END. :)

governor disconnect, disable, remove, bypass???

If this helps, here are a couple pictures of what is missing- see my other thread regarding the throttle linkage and for more pics

Howdy!

On my first build; it's a Honda gxh50 and ez matic. I appreciate ya'll and all the info in the forums. i was hoping you'd please tell me; aren't there guvner parts 'inside' the motor? what becomes of the governor/centrifugal gear? will it still be spinning inside the crankcase? i can't imagine being able to take it completely out w/o breaking into the motor.

be seeing you

Last edited:
Howdy!

On my first build; it's a Honda gxh50 and ez matic. I appreciate ya'll and all the info in the forums. i was hoping you'd please tell me; aren't there guvner parts 'inside' the motor? what becomes of the governor/centrifugal gear? will it still be spinning inside the crankcase? i can't imagine being able to take it completely out w/o breaking into the motor.

be seeing you

Whatever is inside is insignificant. Just take off the governor and keep the struts & springs cos they are sometimes useful for making the Honda carby throttle work if you haven't got a HS carb to use instead.

Whatever is inside is insignificant. Just take off the governor and keep the struts & springs cos they are sometimes useful for making the Honda carby throttle work if you haven't got a HS carb to use instead.

I've heard that the hs carb is a good fit; does everyone here feel secure about using that china carb? could it be a better one than the one on the honda? i went with the japs on the engine and now see that i could probably figure out how to fab a throttle control but that takes time an could overload my fragmented brain. So i guess i'm asking; which road do you take?

be seeing you

Back