horrible clutch lever

i was just wondering if any one knew where i could find a review on that lever or if anyone knew if it would work

Wow. I want one too now. I bet clutch pull would be almost non exsistant with that thing.

Wow. I want one too now. I bet clutch pull would be almost non exsistant with that thing.

exactly! they have like 50 million of the same 1 on ebay lol when i get it i will do detailed pics and a vid of ridin it and mabey a product review, once i get it set up i might take it off and paint it that shade of red is a little 2 light for me lol but i can pull my dads with my pinky finger so this has a big set of shoes to fill lol a pitbike is real small and thats what this is made for so i hope its long enough just thought of that:???: sweatin here lol

Rest assured my clutch is pretty ridiculous as well. I like the clutch instructional video.......who is that guy?

I will get a new lever this spring, but I will also tear it down to that level.

could the problem be a burr in the cable housing that's digging into the cable causing it to be difficult

What happens when you get this new non "horrible" clutch setup and then find out its too short? How will you lock this new one in the disengaged position?

Why not just go to one of the sponsors on the left side of the page and order a new clutch handle from them? With the locking feature?

(Hint:) Check out Thats Dax's site and get one for under $16.

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
www.thatsdax.com has them with the locking pin.
When my clutch cable broke many months ago, I used some 304 Stainless Steel 1/16 cable i have here at work. The handle end is tied off with a small nut.

Good luck.

thanks to every1 i think the cable is to short but i already paid so when it gets here i will sell it for even (no price loss) but if its not 2 short i will use it because i hate dealing with cables lol but for the time being i have a extra brake lever and i will bend a piece of wire for a temporary locking mech seems like it'll work but i just painted my pipe yesterday so it wont have any sctacthes and my dad made me a baffle (hope its quiet enough it dont lok 2 quiet :???: i might put the fiba glass bak in and not say anything cause its about on the edge of being 2 loud where it was...

i have that 5 dollar set, no the problem is the lever is bent making it impossible to pull all the way back plus i have the cheesy lever i am going to fab a brake lever for the clutch tommro and insert my own lock, im thinking mabey drill a hole with it pulled all the way back and have a pin that drops down automaticly and if the hydro 1 dont work i will continue to use the 1 i fab up i have a very vivid imagination so i pretty much know exactly how to do it i just need my drill and a wire. im thinking mabey a dupilacate allen wrench with a c clip on the end so it dont fall out, or mabey a bolt its a thought in progress lol its suppposed to get all the way up to 25 degrees lol its gonna be like the desert!

Hmmmm, now that might solve one of my problems. Seems I have to thaw my cables about twice a day here......or crash into things a lot. The bike has been a single speed for over a week now. :eek:

Back