Engine Trouble Horrid Grinding Noise When Going Above 18mph

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
11:07 AM
Hello!
This is my first motorized bike, I've been having nonstop fun with it. I will include a video later, but the problem is when I go 18mph or above or If I have the clutch pulled in and go like 4/6ths throttle it makes a horrid Grinding Noise, making it so I don't go that fast. The noise goes away if I pull in the clutch and let go of the throttle. I know the normal slight grinding sounds when you ride and I promise this is different. I am trying to find a solution, anything helps.

Solution
How do I make the bar not go so far??
I already told you how in my previous post...DAMIEN
Ok! I will be sure to do tommorow. After I fix this issue I do need to tighten the flower nut, correct?
It should be lined up like this.

DSCN0186.JPG

When I do that should.i have the clutch pulled in? Thank you so much for the help.
NO...Dont pull the lever in...leave clutch engaged...The second you unscrew that cable stop, the clutch will be fully engaged anyways...That is why i said you have to push that arm in by hand and pull that cable so there is no slack in it at all and then screw the cable stop screw into the housing holding the cable in place, while holding the arm back in the position i told you...its going to be very taxing on your hand and thumb to hold that tight while your also holding that cable tight while also pushing that cable stop tight against the clutch arm and tightening that screw on the cable stop to hold it in place...hope ya got four arms and hands...lol.

NO...Dont pull the lever in...leave clutch engaged...The second you unscrew that cable stop, the clutch will be fully engaged anyways...That is why i said you have to push that arm in by hand and pull that cable so there is no slack in it at all and then screw it down while hoding the arm back in the position i told you...its going to be very taxing on your hand and thumb to hold that tight while your also holding that cable tight while also pushing that cable stop tight against the clutch arm and tightening that screw on the cable stop to hold it in place...hope ya got four arms and hands...lol.
I'll get a mate to help me with it. Thank you for the help

Im 66 years old with arthritis in both hands and still managed to do it by myself...lol.

Ok! I will be sure to do tommorow. After I fix this issue I do need to tighten the flower nut, correct?
YES...re-adjust the flower nut again...Remember that when adjusting the flower nut to have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place!!!

You will be able to test it after turning the nut whichever way it needs to go, by pulling in the clutch lever and turning the back wheel by hand and gradually release the clutch till the wheel stops.

Re-adjust accordingly until you get the right feel and grab on the clutch which may take a little trial and error unitl you get it just right so it is not slipping but also fully engaged once released...

The lever should have a little free play when you first start to pull it in it when ya got it right...Hoping that this should be the solution to your problems...lol...DAMIEN

Using the term "mate", i suspect, means your originally from the UK, Republic of Ireland, or one of the British Commonwealth nations???

Last edited:
Im 66 years old with arthritis in both hands and still managed to do it by myself...lol.

YES...re-adjust the flower nut again...Remember that when adjusting the flower nut to have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place!!!

You will be able to test it after turning the nut whichever way it needs to go, by pulling in the clutch lever and turning the back wheel by hand and gradually release the clutch till the wheel stops.

Re-adjust accordingly until you get the right feel and grab on the clutch which may take a little trial and error unitl you get it just right so it is not slipping but also fully engaged once released...

The lever should have a little free play when you first start to pull it in it when ya got it right...Hoping that this should be the solution to your problems...lol...DAMIEN

Using the term "mate", i suspect, means your originally from the UK, Republic of Ireland, or one of the British Commonwealth nations???
Nope, proud to be an American! Just a word I use. The last generation of my family actually moved from Germany to America and I love this country!

Back