How bad is it?

selftaught

Local time
5:02 AM
Is this piston and cylinder done for ? Is the scoring to bad ? Or will it still run ? Thanks
20231007_101940.jpg
20231007_102324.jpg
20231007_101842.jpg
20231007_102352.jpg

I sent you a Private Message, (PM), which will be found at top right hand side of screen with a red number one on it, please click it, read and reply...Thank you...DAMIEN, Forum Moderator.

Yes, that is done. I can see the top ring has a missing ring pin, so that has gone through the engine somewhere.
The 2 pins are still on the piston. The rings just have them covered up in the pic. Bad photography on my behalf. Are the scores too bad is really what i was worried about.

Attachments

• 20231007_132118.jpg
    20231007_132118.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50
While ya have it apart, you need to check out the bottom crankcase section for any metal that has gone in there, obviously something metal such as the ring pins caused this damage to happen and if there is metal in the crankcase, that can seize up on you as well as cause possible puncture and leakage of the crank seals resulting in oil seepage into the magneto compartment as well as into the clutch compartments which will ruin the clutch pads, not to mention the fact that it can wipe out the entire crank assembly as well.

Many times, these motors come from the factory with metal shavings in the crankcase that can cause this type of damage also.
I always flip my crankcase upside down before assembly to see if any metal falls out...This could have happened to you and why you now have this problem;

While ya have it apart, you need to check out the bottom crankcase section for any metal that has gone in there, obviously something metal such as the ring pins caused this damage to happen and if there is metal in the crankcase, that can seize up on you as well as cause possible puncture and leakage of the crank seals resulting in oil seepage into the magneto compartment as well as into the clutch compartments which will ruin the clutch pads, not to mention the fact that it can wipe out the entire crank assembly as well.

Many times, these motors come from the factory with metal shavings in the crankcase that can cause this type of damage also.
I always flip my crankcase upside down before assembly to see if any metal falls out...This could have happened to you and why you now have this problem;
Thanks for info.

Exactly where did you see me write anything about using JB Weld to repair things???...lol.
Might as well try lol I actually think the scores are from not having enough oil in gas i road it hard and the piston siezed up i just undid the head and knocked piston free. It started right back up tho that night. Im almost positive thats when it happened.

Back