How do i check for leaks if i cant idle

Well I wanted to make sure there wasn't too much suction or pressure somewhere else before I buy a new filter, but I probably should get a better sealed one that doesn't leak anyway. What is the correct fuel line diameter?
also if you plan to get a new fuel filter dont bother looking online then waiting for someone to ship it to you go to the autoparts store, hardware store, lawnmower store, or walmart they all sell the fuel filter that came with the bike and others too.

So i bought new brakes the front ones should be here by june 1st the rear shoule be following by the 17th or so... I will be uploading a new fiver covering all the parts of my bike to finnaly see whats wrong with it. It will include a video of me riding it a video overview of my engine and engine components, my carb, my gas mix, and my other parts. I have found a way to attach a camera to my bike for better video quality.

If you got a stock tank then you might have a filter in it most do then you don't need one in line

Is there anyway to check this, just to be sure? Also, I think my friend that "helped" me (I didn't ask, he just started putting things together) forgot to put the red washer on before the petcock. My bike is currently in another friend's garage, so I have to check when my girlfriend and I go over tonight.

It's 1/4 I think
Thanks. Do you happen to know if the NT "Speed" carb (with the red cover) has a bigger fuel intake as well? My fuel line seems TOO tight around it, I probably can't even take it off without cutting a slit in it.

also if you plan to get a new fuel filter dont bother looking online then waiting for someone to ship it to you go to the autoparts store, hardware store, lawnmower store, or walmart they all sell the fuel filter that came with the bike and others too.

Cool, I found similar ones but I have to make sure I find 1/4th.

Is there anyway to check this, just to be sure? Also, I think my friend that "helped" me (I didn't ask, he just started putting things together) forgot to put the red washer on before the petcock. My bike is currently in another friend's garage, so I have to check when my girlfriend and I go over tonight.

Thanks. Do you happen to know if the NT "Speed" carb (with the red cover) has a bigger fuel intake as well? My fuel line seems TOO tight around it, I probably can't even take it off without cutting a slit in it.

Cool, I found similar ones but I have to make sure I find 1/4th.
if you have an oriley autoparts they sell them there i bought 2 recently they are almost identical the only difference is the one i got with my kit looks cheaper made and thiner plastic

got brakes front and back rode it today it runs great but still slows down when going up hills i tried it without the exhaust but its the same. I am working to put headlights taillights brakelights and turn signals then mirrors and foot pads. However soon i will upload a video (a good one) of me riding it and I will once again ask, what you guys think is wrong with my bike.

You live and learn. I was very uninformed back then. i couldn't idle without an exhaust, well not without allot of noise. and someone stole my exhaust.
actually someone ended up stealing that whole bike.

Hi Im new as of this second to this site though i have been on browsing in the background learning as much as i can for some time now I have an engine that wont idle. It must have an air leak but i dont know where.
I know i need a spray bottle and run the engine to look for leaks but the only way i can get it to run is if its moving. How can i search for leaks without spraying it riding it and bending over under the bike in traffic?
I admit this is only my second time building it and last year i was so new to this i took it allover town trying to get someone to show me how to work the clutch. No one would even get near it.
My bike was missing its idle screw since last year so Im using a shortening screw on the throttle to adjust the idle while an m4 bolt is plugging the idle screw hole. I am also missing my muffler someone stole it 2 weeks into owning it. I admit i never got the chance to test idle before i didn't have a muffler other than that I have secured my Nt carb with an o ring and a better metal hose clamp I have cleaned the carb out inside and out its float has no leaks, the pin works and i dont know what a jet is but there is nothing un screwed inside it. I have adjusted the float clip thing but that hasnt changed anything. My carb is level with the ground and there is a good flow of fuel to it. I couldn't idle when i had an idle screw btw. Other than all of this the only other upgrade ive made is a r3 spark plug

I know this is allot to read, but, if you can get through it it only describes what most people will tell me to do that i've already done.

Thank you I will post pics soon as I can.

Yo.

It's easy.

No clutch or throttle, just roll forward and put your ear by 3 spots as you roll.

Head Gasket
Left side (remove cover and listen)
Right side (remove cover and listen)

More likely than not it's your head gasket, maybe a warped head.

I DONT KNOW "DONT KNOW" how to idle. Someone teach me. this how im doing it.

Stop what you're doing.

OMG.

Ok, don't use the clutch and throttle at the same time. No throttle, hit the clutch, hit the brake. That's idling.

Your clutch is not disengaging to be able to idle. You need to likely adjust the plate.

3 more things.

Fuel lever - it's plumbing, if it aims with the flow it's on, if it's perpendicular to the flow it's off. So halfway, like 45degree angle.

Idler screw - on the carb on the left is the idle adjustment screw, tighten a little bit for more idle gas.

Also, something flew off your bike in the vid, looked like a valve cap.

Stop what you're doing.

OMG.

Ok, don't use the clutch and throttle at the same time. No throttle, hit the clutch, hit the brake. That's idling.

Your clutch is not disengaging to be able to idle. You need to likely adjust the plate.

3 more things.

Fuel lever - it's plumbing, if it aims with the flow it's on, if it's perpendicular to the flow it's off. So halfway, like 45degree angle.

Idler screw - on the carb on the left is the idle adjustment screw, tighten a little bit for more idle gas.

Also, something flew off your bike in the vid, looked like a valve cap.

this forum is so old I apreciate the help in all but that bike was fixed it ran for several months and then i got stolen. im building a new bike now with much experience under my belt. here are pics.
20170422_154550.jpg
20170422_154545.jpg

20170422_154633.jpg
I might need further help in the future with this one but right now im just working on brakes.

this forum is so old I apreciate the help in all but that bike was fixed it ran for several months and then i got stolen. im building a new bike now with much experience under my belt. here are pics.View attachment 76489View attachment 76490
View attachment 76491 I might need further help in the future with this one but right now im just working on brakes.

Disc and a top hat adapter is the way if your frame supports it. I haven't seen a way to install shoes tho

I rock coaster brakes. Lasts about 500 miles worst case scenario and better cases exist.

Back